missing VIs issue

i2dx

Hi folks,

I have a problem with a cRIO 9004 controler / LabVIEW RT:

Each time, I hit the run button and the VI(s) has/have to be deployed, LV is searching for VIs, I have never heard of:

What the heck is e.g. a "SIM Integrator collector (for core) (vector).vi"? And why does LV think it needs that file? It's neither in my project, nor on my disk or I have used it as a subVI, etc ...

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6323

even worse, if I create a blank VI with exactly that name on my disk (just to get rid of that anoying "missing VI" dialoges ...), LV does not accept hat. The next time, I hit the run button, LV is searching again.

Has anyone an idea, what is going on here and (hopefully) how to get rid of this?

thank you in advance,

CB

My guess (based on the simulation part) is that this a VI from the simulation toolkit.

I can't offer any more advice other than attempting to search for the connection between that toolkit and the RT module.

Also, is it possible it is in the dependancies for your project, but not the project itself?

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Jul 8 2007, 05:23 AM)

ah, ok, thank you. that show's me the direction. I guess, I will now uninstall 8.2.1, clean up my harddisk and reinstall 8.2.1 ...

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Jul 8 2007, 05:23 AM)

I had the same problem and it was driving me nuts.

that's true, that can really drive you crazy ...

QUOTE(i2dx @ Jul 8 2007, 09:23 AM)

ah, ok, thank you. that show's me the direction. I guess, I will now uninstall 8.2.1, clean up my harddisk and reinstall 8.2.1 ...

That's not necesary, the link from Michael shows this:

To repair the simulation.msi component manually:
  1. First, shut down LabVIEW.

2. Locate and run simulation.msi from the installation distribution (i.e. the CD you used to install LabVIEW). You can find simulation.msi in \Products\LabVIEW_Simulation_Core_Shared\simulation.msi.

3. Choose to Repair and proceed through repairing this component.

4. Restart LabVIEW and the problem should be corrected.

To repair the simulation.msi component programmatically:
  1. First, shut down LabVIEW.

2. Download and run
    LabVIEW 8.2.1 Repair_Simulation_MSI.exe
    (attached below). This executable contains and repairs the simulation.msi component so you will not need to locate your installation distribution.

3. Restart LabVIEW and the problem should be corrected.

It worked for us.

Ton

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Jul 9 2007, 11:52 AM)

That's not necesary, the link from Michael shows this:

It worked for us.

Ton

yes, but I never had installed the Simulation Toolkit ... so I decided to use "brute force".

It is/was an issue with the deployment VIs. I don't know why or how, but maybe because you can simulate a cRIO System?