How to capture the end of edition of the Tree Tags or description

HI,

I am using LV 8.2. In my application, the users are allowed to change the Tags and Descriptions of the tree. So, I want to capture the end of edition of the tree's tag and description to do some internal updation. Now, I am capturing this by asking the user to press enter at the end of edition. Is there any better way to do this?

Thanks,

Pandiarajan R

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Jul 9 2007, 03:28 PM)

Hi Pandiarajan,

I didn't know you could edit 'tags' of a tree. So I need to see the code give a meaningfull answer.

Could you post some?

Ton

Hello Ton,

Sorry for the Delay in reply. The tags of the tree can be edited. The attached vi explains that.

Thanks,

Pandiarajan R

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Jul 16 2007, 05:28 PM)

I'm sorry to disappoint you but you don't edit the tag, just the first string of the table.

Add an indicator to the active tag output of the event node

Ton

Ok that's fine. Is there any option to capture the end of editing this display string in the tree ?

Thanks,

Pandiarajan R

QUOTE(Pandiarajan @ Jul 17 2007, 06:08 AM)

Ok that's fine. Is there any option to capture the end of editing this display string in the tree ?

Thanks,

Pandiarajan R

That's quite easy (and new to me as well), but (at least in 8.2) there's a filter event "Edit Cell?" and a normal event "Edit Cell". These are triggered as soon as the user hit's enter to finish the edit.

Ton