How can I use Application Builder in 8.20 version

Hello,

It's my first post, I'm Brazilian and I work with airplanes constructions. Qualification and Development Tests Laboratory. I work with LabVIEW since 1996, versions 5.01, 7.1 and I'm going to start to work with LabVIEW 8.20 professional.

Well..... I need to generate an application (.exe) with our great friend APPLICATION BUILDER, at this point, I can't to do this.

I know that exists some llb that a can import named APP*.*, I think that ones are my APPBuilder. Butttt, I don't obtain!!!

I'm waiting for suggestions.

Thanks and best regards.

QUOTE(Matheus @ Jul 10 2007, 04:01 PM)

Hello,

It's my first post, I'm Brazilian and I work with airplanes constructions. Qualification and Development Tests Laboratory. I work with LabVIEW since 1996, versions 5.01, 7.1 and I'm going to start to work with LabVIEW 8.20 professional.

Well..... I need to generate an application (.exe) with our great friend APPLICATION BUILDER, at this point, I can't to do this.

I know that exists some llb that a can import named APP*.*, I think that ones are my APPBuilder. Butttt, I don't obtain!!!

I'm waiting for suggestions.

Thanks and best regards.

Hi Matheus,

I myself have just upgraded to LV 8.20 and can build my applications to an executable (EXE) via AppBuilder. The difference with my version and yours (seems to be) is that you have the Professional version while I have a Full Development version. Although LabView installer installs pretty much the same code into your machine (like Vista does), different functionalities are activated by what license you have purchased at the time of install.

When you purchase the full development capability you won't have to reinstall LV 8.2 again. You will just update the license file located in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\License Manager\Licenses and after you reboot LV...Voila! You will have that capability.

LV Robo

Hi,

Thanks

My LV version was 8.20 full development too, but we acquired Professional upgrade with FieldPoint and others toolkits.

In this locate-> C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\License Manager\Licenses

I found -> LabVIEW_AppBuilder_PKG_080200

Then, I think that updade already was made.

Please, how the best or the correcty mode to do that (create a .EXE application)

I was create a Project, build especifications, and...... nothing is happen....

Is there any more that I am forgetting?

I don't know if this is your problem, but when I upgraded to the new Aplication builder the default file path puts it into "Documents and Settings", which was different from what I was use to in eailer versions of application builder. Make sure your desination file path is the "Application desdination directory" is a path you want.

Hope that helps

Dan