Problem in using methods of XControl

Hi All,

I am working in LabVIEW 8.2. I am using a XControl in my aplication. I have created a method for my XControl to trigger some operation in the facade. I have placed the Xcontrol in the first VI and the method is being called from a dynamically running Second VI which gets the reference of the Xcontrol from the First VI through VI Server.

The problem is when call the method immediately after getting the reference from the VI server, LabVIEW misses the event(that the Display state change event is not getting in the Facade of the Xcontrol). At the time of debugging, while using break point which provides some time delaybetween getting the reference and calling the method and it works fine. So i am using some delay between getting the reference and calling the method of the Xcontrol, which i don't like to do. Is there any better way to solve this problem? or is there any other things that i need to concenrate in this?

Thanks in Advance,

Pandiarajan R

Hi All,

I am working in LabVIEW 8.2. I am using a XControl in my aplication. I have created a method for my XControl to trigger some operation in the facade. I have placed the Xcontrol in the first VI and the method is being called from a dynamically running Second VI which gets the reference of the Xcontrol from the First VI through VI Server.

The problem is when method is called immediately after getting the reference from the VI server, LabVIEW misses the event(that is the Display state change event is not getting triggered in the Facade of the Xcontrol). At the time of debugging, while using break point which provides some time delay between getting the reference and calling the method of the Xcontrol it works fine. So i am using some delay between getting the reference and calling the method of the Xcontrol, which i don't like to do.

Is there any better way to solve this problem? or Is there any other things that I need to concenrate in this?

Thanks in Advance,

Pandiarajan R

I usually have a cluster inside the state that consits of a string and a Variant.

When a method is fired it places a string-command in the string part.

The [wiki]XControl#Display_State_Change[/wiki] checks for those commands.

It is a known issue with LV 8.0 and 8.2 that XControls can miss calls. Theres not really a good way to time that.

What is the time you have to use to get it properly working?

Ton