Introducing myself

QUOTE(DougWilson @ Jul 18 2007, 11:47 AM)

I am new to this forum, but a long time LabVIEW user (since 1990). Not sure how much I will be able to participate, but certainly willing to help out if I can.

Welcome Doug! Have a wander around the site - we've got a wiki, a code repository, and more, and we'd be more than happy for you to help out - that's what it's here for :)

QUOTE(DougWilson @ Jul 17 2007, 06:47 PM)

a long time LabVIEW user (since 1990)

Welcome, Doug. I find this site invaluable for not only its resources, but for the teaching experience that only helping others can bring.

1990...well, they didn't have LabVIEW set up in my senior year of high school :P

QUOTE(orko @ Jul 18 2007, 12:00 PM)

1990...well, they didn't have LabVIEW set up in my senior year of high school :P

Ouch! Seeing as how Doug and I took the very first LabVIEW 2.0 class together, that statement hurts a little. Pretty soon LV will be older than most of the people using it.

Cheers, Doug! I'm glad to see you here!

QUOTE(xtaldaz @ Jul 18 2007, 11:04 AM)

Ouch! Seeing as how Doug and I took the very first LabVIEW 2.0 class together, that statement hurts a little. Pretty soon LV will be older than most of the people using it.

Story: One of our interns made a change to LV's source code that broke the exe. Our chief architect, in a mock scolding, said, "You be careful! That code is older than you are!" :)

Crystal, you are not supposed to tell everyone how old we are. But as I recall, you were the youngest one in the class!!

QUOTE(xtaldaz @ Jul 18 2007, 12:04 PM)

QUOTE(xtaldaz @ Jul 18 2007, 09:04 AM)

Ouch! Seeing as how Doug and I took the very first LabVIEW 2.0 class together, that statement hurts a little.

Should I not tell you about the new hire last month that graduated class of 2005? Okay, then I won't mention that she was born in 1988 either... the year my wife graduated...

Okay, I'll stop with the old jokes (immediately following the jibe I'll be giving my wife when I get home of course!). :o

QUOTE(DougWilson @ Jul 18 2007, 05:32 PM)

Crystal, you are not supposed to tell everyone how old we are. But as I recall, you were the youngest one in the class!!

Yeah, I was a child prodigy...or something ;)

See ya at the BBQ!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey all,

my name is Andrea, i'm a bioengineer and i actually work in a neurorehab group.

My programming background includes Matlab, Python, some bash and just a bit of Labview.

I find labview pretty useful to rapidly develop simple applications, though as a beginner i find it lesser intuitive than othe tools. That's why i'm here: learn, learn, learn.... :D

Thank you for accepting me

Andrea

Milan, Italy

Hey all,

My programming background includes Matlab, Python, some bash and just a bit of Labview.

I find labview pretty useful to rapidly develop simple applications, though as a beginner i find it lesser intuitive than othe tools. That's why i'm here: learn, learn, learn.... :D

Andrea

Milan, Italy

QUOTE(Andrea @ Biomed @ Nov 23 2007, 05:21 AM)

Hey all,

Andrea

Milan, Italy

Benvenuto! I hope you learn as much as I have from this site.