Windows 2000 Server

Here's a fun fact: if you use LV 8.0 to create an executable and an installer for it, you can install it on a Windows 2000 Server machine, no problem: not even a warning. Even though, according to NI phone support engineers, you're not supposed to do that. I found only one significant problem on the 2000 Server: some file writes were very slow, compared to the speed on WinXP. Otherwise, my apps worked fine.

If you use 8.2.1 to create the installer, you cannot install it on a Windows 2000 Server machine. You are informed that the machine does not meet the requirements. There is no choice, no "Warning: this computer does not meet the requirements; some or all functionality of the program may fail; install anyway?"

I'd rather get a warning, and let me try it at my own risk. Oh well, now I have installed 8.0 onto my WinXP, so that I can "save for previous" and then create executables from 8.0 for distribution to the Server machines. :wacko: