IRL Race Fans

QUOTE(TobyS @ Jul 19 2007, 09:09 AM)

I am not, but have always wanted to go. Good to see open wheel back to Mid-Ohio. I like the IRL move to road coarses. Those street parades (St. Petersburg) - I could do without. I just noticed that it is an IRL/ALMS weekend. Should be great.

yes the move to road courses is a good start to getting both series (IRL and Champ Car)back together , but , i doubt it will ever really happen , as you said it is great to have th indy cars back at Mid Ohio , although Mid Ohio repaved the track last year for the bikes , they took all the concrete off the corners , the concrete was there because the indy cars pushed all the asphalt to the outside... i am fortunate to have Mid Ohio so close , i work about a mile from the track , if i stick my head out the window i can hear the cars... i live about 8 miles from the track and i can hear them there too... i have been out there for all the public races so far this year... it is going to be a busy three weeks , have the IRL/American Lemans this weekend , next weekend is the Vintage Motorcycle Days and the following weekend is Honda Super Cycle , then i get a break until mid september....

Dan