Way to open file dialog in Windows 'detail' mode?

I found a way to do what I needed. I am attaching the vi in case it can be of use to anyone else.

It calls Windows functions (Windows>System32>user32.dll) so that the file dialog presented by the Open_Create_Replace File function is viewed in the user-specified mode (eg, details, icons, thumbnails, etc) , instead of always "list"mode.

The calling sequence is the same as for the Open/Create/Replace File function, with the added parameter "View Type", whose value is ring selectable.

Thanks to all who replied.

Jon

Thanks! I know I tried to accomplish this some time in the past...this will indeed become useful in future projects.

One note, you forgot to include the "wait ms with err terminals.vi". I'm assuming that it is just what it says it is, a subVI with a wait ms primative inside a sequence with err terminal input/output?

QUOTE(orko @ Aug 6 2007, 11:23 AM)

Thanks! I know I tried to accomplish this some time in the past...this will indeed become useful in future projects.

One note, you forgot to include the "wait ms with err terminals.vi". I'm assuming that it is just what it says it is, a subVI with a wait ms primative inside a sequence with err terminal input/output?

Sorry. It's just a wrapper around wait ms, with error terminals for easier dataflow connection. It's trivial, but I'll include it for completeness.

Thanks.

Jon

QUOTE(jbrohan @ Aug 7 2007, 03:42 AM)

Hi Jon

This looks very useful. Could you kindly post the Block Diagram as a JPEG since I am still on LV 7.0. I'll post it back if you like!

John

John,

I am attaching the image. The only difference between the True and False cases is that "File Path" is connect in the False case.

Also, I have slightly updated the version to allow for a file pattern and start path for the dialog.

Jon

• 6 years later...