8.5 info - a day or two early :)

Reading my Developer Zone What's New RSS feed showed the LabVIEW 8.5 Touch Panel Module. A quick jump to the NI site and using their search with the keyword "8.5" gave these links...

8.5 Bug fixes

Synchronize LabVIEW Project Folders

Manage Memory in LabVIEW Using New Block Diagram Structures

Configuring LabVIEW For Loops to Exit Conditionally

Use Graphical Merge To Combine Individual LabVIEW VIs

Happy reading!

QUOTE(jaegen @ Aug 3 2007, 10:26 AM)

But apparently nothing is available -- at least to us mere mortals -- until Monday: ie the Alliance Day of NI Week.

Can I stand the suspense of waiting S O L O N G

OK, latest breaking news from the front: https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/lveval/content.xhtml

You may have to go through ni.com/downloads then evaluation 8.2.1 and then 8.5 becomes available using the link above. I'm downloading it even as I'm writing this.

QUOTE(Val Brown @ Aug 3 2007, 11:01 AM)

When I click on the link it takes me to the little questionnaire for downloading 8.5 - and as far as I know I'm a mere mortal too. I got there through here, even though it says it's for 8.2.1.

Jaegen

QUOTE(jaegen @ Aug 3 2007, 11:37 AM)

Yes I understand they're actually doing the update to the website manually so we're riding the bleeding edge of that one...

Have you done the update yet? If so, anything "interesting" in that process, or should I just take the plunge?

QUOTE(Val Brown @ Aug 3 2007, 11:51 AM)

Yes I understand they're actually doing the update to the website manually so we're riding the bleeding edge of that one...

Have you done the update yet? If so, anything "interesting" in that process, or should I just take the plunge?

I've installed it now with no problems. I don't think their activation server is ready for 8.5 yet though. It didn't like my serial number when I tried to activate automatically, and the website version drop-down only had 8.0 and 8.2 in it, so I'm currently running in evaluation mode.

Jaegen

QUOTE(jaegen @ Aug 3 2007, 12:54 PM)

I've installed it now with no problems. I don't think their activation server is ready for 8.5 yet though. It didn't like my serial number when I tried to activate automatically, and the website version drop-down only had 8.0 and 8.2 in it, so I'm currently running in evaluation mode.

Jaegen

Does evaluation mode pose any functional limitations?

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Aug 7 2007, 11:14 AM)

Ben:

What am I missing? The two diagrams look functionally the same to my eye.

Instead of using a while loop that breaks out when the count > x or test=true, you use a for loop of x that can break out early if test = true. Slightly easier on the brain and apparently makes the vi code smaller.

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Aug 7 2007, 02:14 PM)

Concidering who asked that question, I had to stop and double check myself. :book:

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6556''>http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6556'>http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6556

The arrays size is "1-based" and the iteration terminal is "zero-based". We need to decrement the array size before we enter the loop (which make the code even more complicated!).

Then again, maybe I'm missing something. :oops:

Ben

QUOTE(Ben @ Aug 7 2007, 01:51 PM)

Concidering who asked that question, I had to stop and double check myself.

Ah. Now I see. I focused on the logic of the "not and" because that was completely different than the gate sequence I would've chosen, so I thought the bug you were seeing was there. I didn't even check the "off by one" problem.