things that have improoved

i2dx

Hi folks,

I have to admit, I have "not really worked" with LV 8.5 yet, just because there are running projects in LV 8.2.1 and I can't / want to upgrade e.g. because I need the RT / FPGA module etc, so I just took a look, and I found a few things, that amazed me, but noone mentioned so far::

New menu entry "Adapt to Source" in the Context Menu:

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6588

You can place feedback Nodes without a For/While-loop which gives you the possibility to create a structure-less old style global :)

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6589

--> I used the "Adapt to source" feature on the "Numeric 2" Indicator, to test the functionality (yes, it worked :)). it looks like we get some XNode functionality in the BD, without any notice? :)

Here's one that was specifically requested by LAVA users:

In Tools>>Options>>Front Panel, you'll now find an option for "Connector pane terminals default to Required." This makes it so that any new input connections (except the error code cluster) that you put on the conpane -- either by explicit use of the front panel wiring tool or using Create SubVI -- will default to Required instead of Recommended. The default is FALSE so as to maintain consistency with past LVs; I expect that most of you experienced users will decide to enable it.

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Aug 10 2007, 02:12 PM)

In Tools>>Options>>Front Panel, you'll now find an option for "Connector pane terminals default to Required." This makes it so that any new input connections (except the error code cluster) that you put on the conpane -- either by explicit use of the front panel wiring tool or using Create SubVI -- will default to Required instead of Recommended. The default is FALSE so as to maintain consistency with past LVs; I expect that most of you experienced users will decide to enable it.

I think thats a fantastic addition! This will help with a free (possibly slight) performance improvement as well (as mentioned in earlier posts around LAVA).

Great job! (And it was nice meeting you at the LAVA Barbecue).

Neville.

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Aug 10 2007, 02:12 PM)

Woohoo!!! Thanks, NI :thumbup:

-Jim

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Aug 11 2007, 01:59 AM)

Woohoo!!! Thanks, NI :thumbup:

-Jim

/signed

~~~~~~~~~~

I like the "In place nodes", too. It seems we are getting pointer operations in LV without the hassle of pointer arithmetics. Great! :thumbup: I'd like to see more of that :)

The coupling between file hierarchy and project hierarchy also helps a lot to keep track of your project. Thanks :)

My impression about LV 8.5 so far is: there are many improvements "below the surface", without annoying the users with bells and whistles (..which the marketing departments like so much ;))

QUOTE(i2dx @ Aug 10 2007, 11:21 PM)

/signed

~~~~~~~~~~

I like the "In place nodes", too. It seems we are getting pointer operations in LV without the hassle of pointer arithmetics. Great! :thumbup: I'd like to see more of that :)

The coupling between file hierarchy and project hierarchy also helps a lot to keep track of your project. Thanks :)

My impression about LV 8.5 so far is: there are many improvements "below the surface", without annoying the users with bells and whistles (..which the marketing departments like so much ;) )

Yes, yes, yes and yes. I've already deployed my next release using 8.5.