Missed NI WEEK? check here

LVfan

QUOTE(silmaril @ Aug 14 2007, 10:43 AM)

Sorry, I can't enjoy that one.

At least not if I want to use my favorite browser Firefox. :(

It seems to work in MSIE, but I don't like that browser. :throwpc:

Do others have the same problem, or is it just my Firefox that can't load this site?

page seems to work in my firefox, you can also install IE Tab (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419) and open any page you want in firefox including things like Exchange webmail.

... It seems to work in MSIE, but I don't like that browser.

As much as I like Firefox's speed and security you can't beat IE for functionality. I'm still trying to add and tweak all the ad-ons on Firefox just to get stuff to work. It's a real pain. That's what we get for "free" :rolleyes:

The site works just fine for me in Firefox.

QUOTE(PaulG. @ Aug 14 2007, 12:32 PM)

As much as I like Firefox's speed and security you can't beat IE for functionality. I'm still trying to add and tweak all the ad-ons on Firefox just to get stuff to work. It's a real pain. That's what we get for "free" :rolleyes:

What functionality you get in IE that you don't get in Firefox? If anything, it seems to me you get less in IE. You can't extend it nearly as easily; I can't live without mouse gestures anymore. Hmm, or AdBlock. There are also enough @#$!%$ CSS positioning hacks necessary to get stuff to look right in IE that it always drives me up the wall.

Sorry, I can't enjoy that one.

At least not if I want to use my favorite browser Firefox. :(

It seems to work in MSIE, but I don't like that browser. :throwpc:

Do others have the same problem, or is it just my Firefox that can't load this site?

Works just fine in my Firefox, are you saying you can't use firefox for youtube videos? try installing/adding a plugin for flv players.

QUOTE(LV Punk @ Aug 14 2007, 11:39 AM)

If your company has a content filtering system like http://www.websense.com/global/en/' target="_blank">Websense then the VI Road Show page will load, but the video frames will appear blank. The best you can do is watch these videos from home :thumbdown: or hope that NI can find a place to host these videos on their own servers...

Ahem... let me break out the ole bullhorn for this one:

[squeeeaaaawk!] MOST U.S GOVERNMENT FACILITIES CANNOT VIEW YOUTUBE VIDEOS! [squeee...click!]

This *may* be of interest to any corporation that has a good chunk of their customers behind government firewalls.... :angry::blink:

I guess to be fair we should know if this blog is a labor of love (personal time & effort) or an NI sponsored activity. I think Colin started the blog, but don't know how Brian and Todd became involved.

Much of the previous YouTube content was third party (Lego stuff for example) and linked to from the blog. Some of it was NI source, such as the Halloween demos and a Future version of LabVIEW spoof (something about boring meetings and flowers for the wife).

Maybe there is some way to proxy serve YouTube videos? (Premium LAVA members only :P )

ZITAT(konroh @ Aug 14 2007, 07:02 PM)

page seems to work in my firefox, you can also install IE Tab (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419) and open any page you want in firefox including things like Exchange webmail.

IE Tab is how I tried MSIE for this site :thumbup:

Anyway I don't like using it - especially if I don't know if the page I am visiting is worth it.

I just tried on my private computer: it works fine with Firefox. Maybe it's some problem with one of my addons. I don't think I will invest much time to dig further into this...

One thing I can say for shure: there is no firewall that prevents us from watching youtube videos at work :P