Wiring the way it oughta be...

This reminds me of AQ's old story about the "feature" where LabVIEW would crash if a wire greater than 65,536 pixels in length had a bend in it (or something along those lines).

"Engineers at the University of California, San Diego have constructed the highest-resolution computer display in the world – with a screen resolution up to 220 million pixels."

QUOTE(PaulG. @ Aug 23 2007, 12:48 PM)

STOP POSTING STUFF LIKE THIS!!!

Every time someone posts a link about a bigger monitor someone writes a block diagram to fill it up.

But wouldn't that just be WONDERFUL??? You could finally fit the entire application onto one block diagram. Oh yeah! :thumbup: :P

QUOTE(dsaunders @ Aug 23 2007, 10:14 PM)

But wouldn't that just be WONDERFUL??? You could finally fit the entire application onto one block diagram. Oh yeah! :thumbup: :P

I just wondered how it would be possible to code a recursion in a single block diagram? :D

QUOTE(dsaunders @ Aug 23 2007, 04:14 PM)

That's not funny.

Well, it's kinda funny in a dark, haha Pulp Fiction-esque "bring in the gimp" sort of way ...

I've had to work with code that someone thought would be cool to fit on dual 19" monitors. The case statements stretched about 2K pixels wide. :blink:

As we said when we were kids: "About as funny as a heart attack". :)

QUOTE(orko @ Aug 23 2007, 03:27 PM)

Yeah baby, I'll dance all over that function pallette. Gotta use the tippey toes to get down the context menus though.

QUOTE(i2dx @ Aug 23 2007, 03:41 PM)

LabVIEW 8.5. Read the Upgrade Notes on "recursion".

QUOTE(Justin Goeres @ Aug 23 2007, 10:40 AM)

This reminds me of AQ's old story about the "feature" where LabVIEW would crash if a wire greater than 65,536 pixels in length had a bend in it (or something along those lines).

The full story is this... a user filed a bug report that "If I popup on a wire and select 'Clean Up Wire', if the wire is over 16k pixels long, LabVIEW just deletes the wire." I rejected the bug report on the grounds that LabVIEW had done the right thing to clean up the wire.

QUOTE(crelf @ Aug 23 2007, 08:25 PM)

ga39.jpg

That's Hot!

QUOTE(Justin Goeres @ Aug 23 2007, 08:40 AM)

"Engineers at the University of California, San Diego have constructed the highest-resolution computer display in the world –
with a screen resolution up to 220 million pixels.
"

Great, now I have to put a request in at JKI for a new monitor...