Different LV versions of CR code

If I have code that I want to make available in multiple LabVIEW versions (e.g. 7.0, 7.1, 8.2) how do I go about doing that?

If I put the different versions in the zip file, how do I indicate that when loading the new file? The CR page states what the LV version is, so would I just put some notes on the description stating that there are actually several LV versions contained contained in the zip file?

Thanks,

David

David

If you were to use OpenG Pakcage file (ogp) then you could defined different versions of your librarie(s) to be installed under different LabVIEW versions. If you were to do this, then the ogp version becomes THE unique version. You do not have to worry about where or how to document the different versions included in your zip file. Unfortunately, if you have never made an ogp, this will requires a little bit of work to get started.

Just a though.

PJM

QUOTE(PJM_labview @ Sep 5 2007, 06:04 PM)

David

If you were to use OpenG Pakcage file (ogp) then you could defined different versions of your librarie(s) to be installed under different LabVIEW versions. If you were to do this, then the ogp version becomes THE unique version. You do not have to worry about where or how to document the different versions included in your zip file. Unfortunately, if you have never made an ogp, this will requires a little bit of work to get started.

Just a though.

PJM

Yes, yes, yes!!! This is the beauty of the OGP file format.

David, if you have questions about how to do this, please ask :)

-Jim

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Sep 5 2007, 06:25 PM)

Yes, yes, yes!!! This is the beauty of the OGP file format.

David, if you have questions about how to do this, please ask :)

I have yet to look fully into this, so I just have a few general questions.

1. Does the OGP format handle unique code for different versions, or do you have to develop the code in the lowest version possible and have only one chunk of code? This is not a common problem, but you can't always go back to even version 7.x with some code.
  2. Does the OGP file use the existing menu file on the development machine to allow the OGP installation to also have menus on the palette?
  3. I didn't see anything in the new VIPM beta version about building packages. Is this something upcoming soon?

Thanks.

QUOTE(dsaunders @ Sep 7 2007, 01:01 AM)

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=BreakPoint&message.id=3851#M3851' target="_blank">Here I show how to have multiple Typefs for multiple versions.

The OpenG packager, is just an advanced copy function. It tells VIPM (via the OGP file) which files should be copied where. And the possibilities are endless, you can include OS specific VIs/dll/libs. You can include labview version specific help documentation.

Using OpenG packager can be hard, and documentation is on the to-do-list but might take a while.

Ton