Change "Read"/"Write" to "Get"/"Set"?

QUOTE(jaegen @ Sep 6 2007, 09:19 AM)

The Create Accessor dialog automatically uses "Read" and "Write" in the VI names - is there any way to make this default to "Get" and "Set" instead?

I had exactly the same thought the first time I used the Create Accessor dialog.

Typically I use the Read/Write semantics to refer to some kind of data transfer (to/from instruments, files, maybe even queues, etc.). When I'm just changing the value of a piece of private class data, I think Get/Set.

Yes, you can change this to Get/Set. I pull those strings from the global CLSUIP_LocalizedStrings.vi. So, you can just change those two strings by opening <labview>\resource\Framework\Providers\LVClassLibrary\NewAccessors\CLSUIP_LocalizedStrings.vi and changing "Read %s.vi" to "Get %s.vi" and "Write %s.vi" to "Set %s.vi". Then don't forget to pop up on each and select Data Operations>>Make Current Value Default. Save and close the VI and you're good to go! You don't even have to restart LabVIEW.

And FYI...if you reinstall or have a new installation, you'll have to repeat this procedure.

QUOTE(Robbie Gehbauer @ Sep 7 2007, 06:54 AM)

Yes, you can change this to Get/Set. I pull those strings from the global CLSUIP_LocalizedStrings.vi. So, you can just change those two strings by opening <labview>\resource\Framework\Providers\LVClassLibrary\NewAccessors\CLSUIP_LocalizedStrings.vi and changing "Read %s.vi" to "Get %s.vi" and "Write %s.vi" to "Set %s.vi". Then don't forget to pop up on each and select Data Operations>>Make Current Value Default. Save and close the VI and you're good to go! You don't even have to restart LabVIEW.

Awesome! :thumbup:

Note that you also have to switch the Global to Edit Mode first (Operate >> Change to Edit Mode) before you can do Make Current Value Default.

QUOTE(Robbie Gehbauer @ Sep 7 2007, 06:54 AM)

And FYI...if you reinstall or have a new installation, you'll have to repeat this procedure.

Fabulous! :worship:

Jaegen