"Quote +/-" button for replies doesn't work

The Quote +/- button works together with the "AddReply" button at the top of a thread. You can push the "Quote +/-" button on multiple entries and then push the "AddReply" button to quote all of those entries in your reply. Pushing the "Reply button will take you directly to the edit screen for a new post with that entry always quoted (regardless of the state of the Quote +/- button).

Clear as mud?

QUOTE(Justin Goeres @ Sep 10 2007, 06:56 PM)

QUOTE(TobyD @ Sep 10 2007, 07:26 PM)

The Quote +/- button works together with the "AddReply" button at the top of a thread. You can push the "Quote +/-" button on multiple entries and then push the "AddReply" button to quote all of those entries in your reply. Pushing the "Reply button will take you directly to the edit screen for a new post with that entry always quoted (regardless of the state of the Quote +/- button).

Clear as mud?

Yes, Toby is right (I have made the + Quote on both posts)

If you want to answer with a clean post hit the 'Add Reply' on the bottom next to 'New Topic'

Ton

QUOTE(TobyD @ Sep 10 2007, 10:26 AM)

toddles off to test that...

Well, I'll be dambed, so that's how it works.

OK, I guess that's NOTABUG, then. But now I'm going to ###### about the UI design of that feature. When I click the "+/- QUOTE" button, it feels like I'm setting it from +QUOTE to -QUOTE. The button is labeled by its function ("what happens if I click this?") but it looks like it's labeled by its setting ("Quote Mode currently set to +QUOTE").

On top of that, the act of Quoting is very closely related to the act of Replying, but the "+/- QUOTE" button has nothing to do with the Reply button immediately next to it! Instead, it's (totally non-obviously) coupled to the AddReply button at the bottom of the thread page, which for the record I'd never even noticed 'til now.

That having been said, I kinda like the idea of it. Now I know how to quote multiple people in a single reply without opening multiple reply windows ;) . And don't ask me how I'd do it better -- I'm just here to complain :P .

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Sep 10 2007, 10:36 AM)

Didn't you read the tutorial?

This is not a bug.

Clearly not :) .

But the reason I didn't think to look up the functionality anywhere is because the way it's arranged on the page makes it seem to have a very intuitive function that it doesn't actually have :angry: .

Mea culpa.

QUOTE(Justin Goeres @ Sep 10 2007, 10:36 AM)

But now I'm going to ###### about the UI design of that feature. When I click the "+/- QUOTE" button, it feels like I'm setting it from +QUOTE to -QUOTE. The button is labeled by its function ("what happens if I click this?") but it looks like it's labeled by its setting ("Quote Mode currently set to +QUOTE").

On top of that, the act of Quoting is very closely related to the act of Replying, but the "+/- QUOTE" button has nothing to do with the Reply button immediately next to it! Instead, it's (totally non-obviously) coupled to the AddReply button at the bottom of the thread page, which for the record I'd never even noticed 'til now.

I'll agree with you there. It is not very intuitive. The help files do explain it pretty well though and it's easy to use once you understand the functionality. :D