Missing items are hard to find in Project Explorer

When items are missing from a LabVIEW project, it is very difficult to find these missing items in the Project Explorer, especially if they are several levels deep beneath folders. I would expect that these items be accessible by clicking on the "Resolve Conflicts" toolbar button (which has the same icon that is used as a badge for missing items, by the way). Additionally, I would probably rename the "Resolve Conflicts" toolbar button to "Resolve Problems", with "problems" being "conflicts" and/or "missing VIs" -- hmmm... maybe I would just name it "Resolve Conflicts and Missing Items".

post-17-1189474923.png?width=400

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE(Eugen Graf @ Oct 8 2007, 12:33 PM)

You can richtklick on the missimg item and explore. If you find the missing item, then drag them into project explorer and delete the old.

Yes, it's not easy, but not too difficult too.

Eugen

Eugen,

I believe that you misunderstood my point. I want to easily identify and find all Project Explorer items that are marked as "missing". Resolving the missing items is another issue altogether.

Thanks,

-Jim

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Oct 8 2007, 09:41 PM)

Resolving the missing items is another issue altogether.

I am having difficulty resolving links for a complicated projects. It's actually a kind of a merge of two projects, and the VI's point to multiple identically named subVI's. These VI's were exactly the same, but on a different path. Up to now, that would not be a problem, you would just have to force the VI's from the correct path to be in memory first, then load the other VI's and then save once. But now I have to fix all 500+ conflicting VI's one by one... Has anyone found a quicker way ?

Joris