Webcam Image Acquisition.

Hello,

I just wanted to write and let you know that I made these changes in the ActiveX Code but still was not able take a snapshot using my webcam. I only mention it because you had noted that you would be working on the code and I wanted to let you know as it may help you to accomplish your goals. Please feel free to let me know if there is any testing you would like me to do with my webcam to help you.

Happy New Year!

QUOTE(siva @ Dec 27 2007, 11:38 AM)

I was using Logitech QuickCam Chat Camera for testing..

I am trying to figure out whats wrong with the activeX Code (VB 6.0 Code)..

In the activeX Code, I am suspecting this line..

hWndC = CapCreateCaptureWindow("LiveAcquire", WS_CHILD + WS_VISIBLE, 0, 0, 352, 288, UserControl.hwnd, 0)

0,0,352,288 has to modified as 0,0,<default image width supported by cam>,<default image height supported by cam>..

you can try with 0,0,960 ,720

after changing, Make the Webcam.ocx and update the system32 with the latest ocx file and try again with the labview code.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Siva,

I'm also trying to capture snapshots from a webcam using LabVIEW. I tried to use your vi, but I've got the live image from the webcam only but not snapshots. An error (Error code: 3006) is returned by CopyToFileBMP, but this error disappears if I change the "Preferred execution system" to "User Interface" from "Same As Caller".

I noticed that LabVIEW is not accessing the image file on disk. What could possibly the problem?

Thanks!

Raymond

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

I am very new to labview as I just got 8.5, so I apologize if I seem rather unkowledgable, because I am :P. When I try to run Siva's WebcamDemo.vi the live window works fine, but when I try to snap, I get error 16 at Read BMP Header Info.vi

It says: Possible reason(s): Labview: Image not found

I think it is something wrong with the file im inputting rather than the vi since the error comes up once input pases through the Set File Position function within the Read BMP Header Info.vi

The path I selected to store the BMP file was a BMP file that I created (an empty file). Am I doing this wrong or is it something else? I know it seems like a dumb question, but I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

• 7 years later...

Where is the ActiveX?

I'm looking since 3 days in a row full time to find a free solution that works only to grab a picture from web cam.

I can't pay for IMAQ...

Is anyone has a real VI that works with or without dll activeX what ever the solution that do not use the IMAQ?

Thanks