LV 8.5 Build Specification - Installer

I am having some problems using the Build Specifications-Installer in LV 8.5.

The Application (EXE) is OK, but the installer will not include all files as specified by the Application.

In the preview some files are the in the wrong place or missing.

It worked fine in LV 8.2.1.

Anyone been using the Installer in LV 8.5?

Even if the application works OK, one thing I noticed compared to LV 8.2.1 is that if you include a .lvlib, files in that .lvlib will not be included in the application. I had to include the project-folder containing the .lvlib.

/Staffan

post-7872-1189671188.jpg?width=400

First, welcome to the board! :beer:

Second, I've run into a "missing/misplaced files" problem very similar to what you're describing :angry: . Please see this thread in the LabVIEW 8.5 Buglist forum for more details.

I have not, however, seen the problem you describe with the inclusion of .lvlibs. I see them being included just fine, until the Installer breaks everything. Can you describe that symptom a little more specifically? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

Thanks,

I don't know why I missed that thread. It seems to be the same problem.

About the Application. It might not be something wrong, it is just that they changed the behaviour.

In 8.2.1 you can set "Set inclusion type for all contained items" for a .lvlib in the "Source File Settings". Not in 8.5

/Staffan

Library:

post-7872-1189692487.jpg?width=400

post-7872-1189692514.jpg?width=400

post-7872-1189692526.jpg?width=400

Library in Folder:

post-7872-1189692546.jpg?width=400

post-7872-1189692820.jpg?width=400

post-7872-1189692837.jpg?width=400

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Staffan,

The behavior you're seeing is expected and is documented in the 8.5 readme (readme_AppBldr.html). Basically lvlibs are not treated like containers in app builder, starting with 8.5. As to why that decision was made, I'm not sure, but I do know it's intentional.

In LabVIEW 8.5, LabVIEW application builder no longer treats libraries as folders. If you load a LabVIEW 8.0 or 8.2 build specification in LabVIEW 8.5, and it includes a library in which you did not explicitly include all members of the library, only referenced members of the library might be included in the build.

Workaround—Set the inclusion individually on all members of the library you want to include in the build. Alternatively, uncheck Remove unused members of project libraries on the Additional Exclusions page.

I don't think this is related to the problem Justin was seeing, but if you happen to encounter more installer builder problems after applying the workaround mentioned above, feel free to post a followup to this thread. Thanks.

QUOTE(bpreis @ Oct 10 2007, 05:53 PM)

Hi Staffan,

The behavior you're seeing is expected and is documented in the 8.5 readme (readme_AppBldr.html). Basically lvlibs are not treated like containers in app builder, starting with 8.5. As to why that decision was made, I'm not sure, but I do know it's intentional.

I don't think this is related to the problem Justin was seeing, but if you happen to encounter more installer builder problems after applying the workaround mentioned above, feel free to post a followup to this thread. Thanks.

Hi,

The new behaviour on lvlib/folders is ok.

Using .lvlib was a way for me to include files in the application.

The new feature, "Perserve hierarchy" on the "Destinations"-page will solve this. This is something I have missed and asked for since the project was introduced.

The missing file problem/files at wrong location seems to be the same as Justin's.

/Staffan

QUOTE(Staffan @ Oct 12 2007, 06:11 AM)

Hi,

The new behaviour on lvlib/folders is ok.

Using .lvlib was a way for me to include files in the application.

The new feature, "Perserve hierarchy" on the "Destinations"-page will solve this. This is something I have missed and asked for since the project was introduced.

The missing file problem/files at wrong location seems to be the same as Justin's.

/Staffan

Are you (also) saying that your problem is resolved or is NOT resolved (yet)?