FieldPoint IO Point in executable

MartinP

When using a FieldPoint IO Point as a front-panel object, it works fine in the source code.

When compiling into an executabel, the object doesn't work, however, cause it cannot

find all the resources it needs to operate. This has been confirmed by NI, which also has

set up a work-around;

1) in the folder for the executable, create a folder vi.lib

2) in this vi.lib, place a copy of the file event_ctls.llb

3) also in this vi.lib, insert in these subfolder the file \FieldPoint\SubVIs\FPLVMgr.dll

Martin

• 3 years later...

Well well weel, I'm back where I started, it seems.

I have now exactly the same problem under LabVIEW 2010, and the abovementioned workaround doesn't work any more.

Under LV 2010, I mean. Anybody else seen this ?

Anybody else that makes it work, having a FieldPoint IO Point control under LV 2010 front panel,

and making it work when running the executable ?

The problem appears when selecting the control, and a window pops up saying "Cannot load the Browse Dialog,

Some nessecary components are missing. To correct the problem, reinstall driver software that is assiciated with this control"

Another new issues under LV 2010 is that when operating the FieldPoint IO Point control under source code, this is working, BUT

LabVIEW uses 45-90 seconds before the Browse dialog comes up, every time, not only the first.

Seems to me NI has some serious debugging and fixing to do here......

Martin