Problem with labview table!

Hello,

i'm new in labview and have a big problem. I make a VI which working propertly....but I have a problem with table. It is writting measurement data in real time into table. I must write data into table every 30 sec or 60 second, because my measurement duration is 2,5 hours and it will be too many data in table and table will be so huge. Graph must be displayed data in real time, but not table.

Second problem is exporting data to excel. Can somebody reconstruct my VI to sava data into excel after I pressed STOP button.

Can anybody help me please with this?!

My labview version is 8.0

Thank you!

Hi Matej

You have to move the table and the excel reporting outside the while loop.

In fact that is all what you ask.

A problem is your wiring technique. Pleas wire a bit cleaner and use "cleanup wire" more often.

The dynamic data is for a program like this more of a handicap than a solution.

you are reading 3 times 200 samples at 1kHz

These are transformed in 3 elements in a table for each loop.

If I look at the timeout of the Daq assistant it seems to repeat each 10 seconds (or more)

In the table you seem to remeber all the 200 elements of each temperature measurement.

Is this what you want or do you need the rms data in the table?

Thanks for replay.

I'm alredy trying to put the table out from "loop while" but then i don't have any data in table. Can you configure my DAQ preferences to value so it would scoop data every 30 second. In the table must be data which is displayed on digit value near graph so it is not necessary to scoop RMS data. Second problem is that I must export data into excel after I stopped the VI and no in real time like now.

Can you repair my VI and attach here please.

Thank you!

Please modify the VI in that way you are thinking is the best for me. The point of that VI is measurement temperature from 3 x PT1000 sensor and display the graph in realtime and the table of data and the special function is export saved data to excel table. That is all what I need in this VI.

Thank you for fast reply and help.

This example which you modify yesterday doesn't work. The table is empty and not write any data. It will be so fine, if you could modify VI like that so I can measurement temperature on 3 channel and the results after 2,5 hour I can see in excel table and still better if I can see the graph too. Can you make a macro in excel so ... the VI open exactly that xls file. In my example now, the VI open more than one xls book and I don't like that. I would like to have just one xls file and all data in there. It is not necessary to have a table in labview front panel, just must be in excel after the measurement is finish.

Thank's man. The question now is, why I have a two VI, how can I put my DAQ NI USB 6008 to this VI? Generaly that is what i'm asking just one thing is problem. Could you please make the *.csv file write correctly, like Time (CELL 1), T1 (CELL 2),...because the data is unusable when is the data mixed and all data is in CELL 1.We must repair just that thing I wrote up and my VI will be working perfect. thank Thank's man. The question now is, why I have a two VI, how can I put my DAQ NI USB 6008 to this VI? Generaly that is what i'm asking just one thing is problem. Could you please make the *.csv file write correctly, like Time (CELL 1), T1 (CELL 2),...because the data is unusable when is the data mixed and all data is in CELL 1.We must repair just that thing I wrote up and my VI will be working perfect.

You already had more than one vi and if you edit the readDAQ vi you can change it just as you want.This was incorporated in your program by the daq wizard, I only opend up this vi and got rid of the dynamic datat type.That all of your data is imported in excel in the first column is a mistake by excel. (copyrighted by MS)In previous versions they allowed this and handled it well.You can remove the "'," string on the array to spreadsheet function (and in the header line) and you will get a tab character instead.maybe that is accepted by the microsofware.The feature is now that you can run this program also when excel is not installed on the system.Soory for forgetting how to use your DAQ DEVICE.I have a boolean simulate added in the code.change that one into false and it is addessing your daq device

That is mean I must run both VI? What I must do now, to use my DAQ? Can I have my previous DAQ assistante or must use this which you made? It will be usefull if I have all things in one VI. I don't need simulate signal because I have a DAQ and sensors already installed on my measurement object. Could you make this for me please and I hope it will be done well.

Thank's for help.

Hi

my last modifications, now you should learn a bit of LabVIEW without express vi's

I changed the boolean for simulation to a frontpanel control, you did not need the simulation I needed it because I have no daq card in or on my system.

I also restored the daq assistent.

If you study the converted vi (from a daq assistent) you already learn better labview.

I found out that excel understands a file with tab separation if you name it .txt

The only problem left is that you have to right click on the file in the file exploder and open with excel.

By the way, If your program grows you build modular code with a subvi, just as in other real programming languages.

The way to keep them together is called a folder and a way to transport more than 3 vi's is usually a zipfile.

good luck in playing in test and measurement world