LV8.5 installer builder losing items

My EXE builder (for at least a couple of projects) has lost information a few times now. Specifically the "Always Inlcuded" section on the Source Files page. Also in the Installer builder unchecked the "Include readme file" setting. I have no idea what triggered this, but I know for sure I didn't mess with those settings (nobody else works with these files). Has anyone else noticed this?

George

QUOTE(rkanders @ Oct 2 2007, 02:45 PM)

Same here. I did have fairly frequent crashes and LV recovered *.proj file.

Interesting that this gets posted today, because I noticed the same thing for the first time this morning. I, too, have had a few crashes and have probably recovered the .lvproj file a time or two. When I went to build an EXE today (one of several specs in this project), all the Source Files I'd selected before had been removed from the Build Spec. I checked a couple other Build Specs in the project and the same was true of them. I didn't check everything exhaustively.

QUOTE(Justin Goeres @ Oct 2 2007, 09:11 PM)

Interesting that this gets posted today, because I noticed the same thing for the first time this morning. I, too, have had a few crashes and have probably recovered the .lvproj file a time or two. When I went to build an EXE today (one of several specs in this project), all the Source Files I'd selected before had been removed from the Build Spec. I checked a couple other Build Specs in the project and the same was true of them. I didn't check everything exhaustively.

I've had crashes too (which LV8.5 seems to do much more frequently than 8.2) involving the projects that went bad. I suspect the loss of info is related to the recovery process, but I'll have to monitor the situation.

George

QUOTE(rkanders @ Oct 3 2007, 10:32 AM)

I have pretty much stopped using automatic recovery feature. I just do more frequent saves and commits to my SVN repository.

Yeah, I'm going to have to think twice about recovering a project again. I looked pretty stupid the other day after I insalled a built project that had been recovered. I knew it used to include all the files it needed, but now they're not there.

George

Hey guys,

Do you think the project missing items that were there is a problem with autosave, or just the fact that you'd made changes to the project since the last time the autosave occurred? If the former, I'd like to figure out why certain types of information in your projects appears to not be getting autosaved. If you have any further information about whether or not you're able to reproduce this, please let me know.

Thanks!

QUOTE(george seifert @ Oct 3 2007, 08:40 AM)

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Oct 3 2007, 01:00 PM)

I've started doing the same.

Another thing that I've started doing (for large projects) is using the Window Task Manager to kill LabVIEW, when I want to close my project, especially if it is showing unsaved changes. Sometimes it can take minutes before LabVIEW shows the "Save Changes?" dialog.

QUOTE(Jeff B @ Oct 3 2007, 03:47 PM)

Hey guys,

Do you think the project missing items that were there is a problem with autosave, or just the fact that you'd made changes to the project since the last time the autosave occurred? If the former, I'd like to figure out why certain types of information in your projects appears to not be getting autosaved. If you have any further information about whether or not you're able to reproduce this, please let me know.

Thanks!

I hadn't made any changes to the the part of the project that got wiped out. I was just changing VIs and not anything at all in the installer builder.

George

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This issue (the one with projects losing build spec info after autosave recovery) is fixed in 8.5.1.

Of course Aristos Queue is right, we'd prefer to figure out what's causing your crashes in the first place and get those fixed as well, so please report them, particularly if you can reproduce the situation.