Application builder makes VI's run faster?

Well, I think the title is already quite explicit.

I have three VI's running at the same time in a slow labtop. I'd like to know if I can make my system run faster by creating an .exe or not. Otherwise I guess I'll have to enhance the code... :'((

Oh another question: do graphs that show 1M points make the VI much slower?

Thanks!

Building an executable could make your program run faster, but it won't be considerable improvement, unless you really need a separate memory space for each VI. You would probably be much better off optimizing your VIs. The usual killers are redundant memory allocations (resizing arrays\strings in loops, using local and global variables for large pieces of data, etc.).

QUOTE(mermeladeK @ Oct 5 2007, 12:48 PM)

Oh another question: do graphs that show 1M points make the VI much slower?

Yes, definitely. Since the actual width of the graph is only X pixels wide, there's no point in placing a million points in your UI. Just decimate the data before putting it into the graph.

QUOTE(yen @ Oct 5 2007, 01:37 PM)

Building an executable could make your program run faster, but it won't be considerable improvement, unless you really need a separate memory space for each VI. You would probably be much better off optimizing your VIs. The usual killers are redundant memory allocations (resizing arrays\strings in loops, using local and global variables for large pieces of data, etc.).

Yes, definitely. Since the actual width of the graph is only X pixels wide, there's no point in placing a million points in your UI. Just decimate the data before putting it into the graph.

Thanks!

The weird thing is that the labtop now is running faster and I didn't do any change. Anyway I'll try to optimize the VI's.

I'll try your suggestions.