What's wrong with this picture?

QUOTE(mballa @ Oct 6 2007, 06:33 AM)

How did you get LabVIEW to do this and does it work as expected?

Yeah! How did you do that?! When I put together the code for "Inputs req'd by default" for 8.5, I couldn't figure out how to get req'd outputs into the C code. So I'd love to know how you did it from G!

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Oct 6 2007, 06:32 PM)

Yeah! How did you do that?! When I put together the code for "Inputs req'd by default" for 8.5, I couldn't figure out how to get req'd outputs into the C code. So I'd love to know how you did it from G!

I would try to make a control required and then turn it into an indicator. But not sure if that could produce something. It certainly didn't in earlier versions.

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Oct 7 2007, 03:03 PM)

Here's the VI, bonus to whoever figures it out... and yes, it works as expected. The caller will be broken if this output is not wired.

Hmmm... required outputs. I could use that. I would make every single error out terminal required.

QUOTE(yen @ Oct 8 2007, 10:48 PM)

Can this be done using scripting?

No for what I've seen. Through scripting you can tell LV to set the output wiring rule to required, but it has no effect, just like in 8.2. And I suspect in that case Michael would have put it in Ruty Nails.

It must be something like an automatic adaptation where LV bypass that checking... No idea :wacko:

Saludos,

Aitor

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Oct 8 2007, 12:03 AM)

Here's the VI, bonus to whoever figures it out... and yes, it works as expected. The caller will be broken if this output is not wired.

Hey it's great NI implemented this feature !

:P

I've wanted this for years. Indeed forcing error out and objects. I hope it will be selectable in 8.5.1 or whatever version. Probaably the first time NI can remove code from their codebase to add a feature.

Joris

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Oct 10 2007, 11:36 AM)

How about detachable event structure nodes?

I remember that one: DetachableStructurePartsEnabled=TRUE.

Does that mean the other thing can only be enabled with an INI key? That would seem unlikely, but I can see it happening.

QUOTE(robijn @ Oct 10 2007, 03:57 AM)

Hey it's great NI implemented this feature !

:P

I suggest that it would be more proper to say "LabVIEW implemented this feature." After all, I can't find any human programmer who has done this, so clearly LV has advanced to the point where it can reprogram itself to advance its own capacities. :ninja:

Seriously... I really want to know how this works. We're too far from April Fools for Michael to suddenly say "just kidding."

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Oct 26 2007, 07:10 AM)

That is not a real ini key. It's a joke. I have no idea where this ini came from but I am not using this.

Hmm, for some reason I was under the impression that I did test this once on 8.x and that it did work, but I guess that impression was wrong. :oops:

QUOTE(Yen @ Oct 26 2007, 04:34 AM)

Hmm, for some reason I was under the impression that I did test this once on 8.x and that it did work, but I guess that impression was wrong. :oops:

I was thinking exactly the same thing :wacko: . I know I had detachable event data terminals working at one point (either 8.0 or 7.1.1), and I could've sworn it was with an INI key. I remember using it, disliking it, and turning it back off. Apparently in the process I also purged my brain of how to do it :).

What I'm really still dying to know is how the Required Outputs happened. Michael is being awfully coy about that. OK, Mike, how many IOU A BEER AT NIWEEKs is it going to take to get you to reveal your little secret? I'm in for 1. :beer: