Lurker Roll Call

QUOTE(Dean Mills @ Oct 15 2007, 01:34 PM)

"I'll keep it short and sweet. Family, religion, friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed at LAVA." source

I get my daily dose through the RSS reader in Thunderbird. RSS is really the only way to keep up with it all and still have time to do anything else.

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Oct 13 2007, 09:31 PM)

I've always wondered who all these people are that visit the LAVA Forums but never post. There's about 7000 registered members but only a handful post regularly. I know many of you subscribe via RSS and never visit the site. Now's your time to shine, lurkers! Just pop a comment here, no reason to be shy. Let us know who you are, where you're from, what you do, whatever. It will help you get to know some of the other lurkers. :wub: . For those of you still scratching your heads as to what a lurker is, a lurker is a person that decides to stay shy in either a chat room, a forum or a blog, by not contributing their comments and electing to just watch the babble ensue in front of them. Now that made no sense, but I'm sure you got it.http://avalonstar.com/2006/01/11/lurkers-speak-to-me/' target="_blank">

And yes, if you are one of those regulars you can comment too.

[

Hello!

I am brazilian, place of beatiful girls, with BIGs party (like the carnaval), big Universities, Soccer Country! If anybody unknow this paradise, will be well come!

I work with labVIEW since 1997 with 5.01 version, I worked with energy generator aquisition, factory of RF boards, etc...

I am a System's Analist, and MASTER student.

Today I work with a Air Planes Factory using the LV 8.2.1. We use several kind of data aquisition, like a cFP, PXI, SCXI, MTS, MOOG, PCMCIA, PCI, etc..

My pleasure!!!

Hi all,

I confess, I am mainly a lurker :rolleyes:

As a daily reader of the various topics, I discuss many of it with a colleague. Some things just for fun, others like the discussions about the various LVOOP issues are for my personal education in a subject area which I believe is crucial for my future as a LV-developer.

greetings from Munich

G. Becker

QUOTE(Mathew_Wellington @ Oct 28 2007, 05:31 PM)
Kia Ora Mathew Wellington, or is that Mathew in Wellington? :DQUOTE(beckerg @ Oct 28 2007, 07:25 PM)

As a daily reader of the various topics, I discuss many of it with a colleague.

Welcome G! I'd love to hear what you and your colleague come to in your discussions :) If you have a little time, we'd appreciate you guys adding a comment here or there - it all adds to the conversation and I'm sure what you come up with might be crucial for others' education too :thumbup:

QUOTE(beckerg @ Oct 28 2007, 10:25 AM)

QUOTE(crelf @ Oct 28 2007, 03:53 PM)

I'd love to hear what you and your colleague come to in your discussions
:)
If you have a little time, we'd appreciate you guys adding a comment here or there - it all adds to the conversation and I'm sure what you come up with might be crucial for others' education too :thumbup:

OK, looks like a good time for me to come out of the dark, too. :ninja:

I am the college, beckerg refers to :yes:

Don't worry - I already try to add my share to this great forum. The only problem is what you so fittingly describe as "little time"...

• 4 weeks later...

*unlurk*

I scrolled down and found the lounge, then saw the lurker thread, and felt the urge to post.  

I'm in boston, test engineer, still play with legos (before I bought my mindstorms kit, never really stopped), still a newbie to labview, only professionally used it for 6 or so months so far.

...I feel naked out of the shadows

*re-lurk*

• 1 month later...

Hi to all, my name is Mario, I'm 27, Italian, Electronic Engineer (Specialized in Microelectronic), I work now in EMBL c/o DESY in Hamburg as staff beamline engineer.

Previously I've worked at CERN, Geneva,where I've developed my bachelor on RT measurements and Quench study on superconducting magnet for the LHC.

I use Labview since the university study mostly to acquire data and in the Last months I'm starting the object oriented approach.

Hope to learn a lot from you and to share knowledge.

Happy new year to all!!!

Mario