Lurker Roll Call

Hi,

Wasn’t me then... That’s almost a bit disappointing. Imagine the feeling of control and POWER! Like pointing your finger, saying Bang, and seeing a hole in the door. Could rule the Internet in no time, maybe even win it! Ah well. Guess I should have noticed how old the thread was, not just the data of the last few posts.

Thank you kindly for the welcome Cat:)

A is such a angular, antisocial letter anyway, stuck there at the other end of the alphabet. Almost as bad as the Z (bloody Z, don’t get me started!). No, B is much more well rounded, hanging out with C, and even tolerating A. That’s one sympathetic Letter.

Befor - After. Nuf said.

A-Team maybe, but BA Baracus.

Hi all,

although knowing and profiting from the forum for quite a long time, I used it mainly as a source to improve my LabVIEW coding and felt that the professionals for sure know better than myself.

Now, as a possible contribution please check my teaching software written in LabVIEW on my my website.

If anyone is interested in getting the source code, please ask.

By the way, I started to write such code with mathematica in 92 but soon discovered that it was much easier to do it in LabVIEW. Although doing heavy math in LabVIEW is not the thing I would recommend to others, the ease of creating a nice and handy user interface outweighs the disadvantage of difficult to read formulas. Furthermore, the longer you do it the more you get used to it.

Another advantage I noticed is the speed of LabVIEW. In my tests, my LabVIEW code always outperformed equivalent Matlab, Mathematica or other code. Recently I transcribed a program from Java and got a speed increase of at least a factor of 2 (I did not check whether the published Java code was optimized).

At last thanks for the invitation to speak up in this forum, dominated by LabVIEW cracks.

(I think thats just normal in as much the forum calls itself "LabVIEW Advanced Virtual Architects" :rolleyes: )

Herbert

I definitely qualify as as lurker I guess ;)

being member since couple of years, I mostly check out the

advanced forums for seeing what all can be done by LV,

and use the search when encountering problems myself.

Leaving the posting to my dutch colleague Rolf ;)

Great to see some of them presenting live here at NI-Week

• 4 weeks later...

I am transitioning from Lurker to non-lurker status now that the dust has settled on the new format of LAVA.

There used to be an option/link... that I would use that would just let me look ath the new posts in all forums. Could someone provide a link to whatever the equivelent is now?

I was wondering where you'd wandered off to.

Along with the "last 24 hours" link is the "View Unread Content" link that should be in the upper right hand corner of your screen.

I was wondering where you'd wandered off to.

Along with the "last 24 hours" link is the "View Unread Content" link that should be in the upper right hand corner of your screen.

Thank you.

I don't theink the "View Unread" showed up unitl after I posted to this thread. I also did not see your replies show up when I was clicking the "View Unread...".

I'm stil geting used to the new format so give me time I'll catch-up.

I "had wandered off" because I had an opportunity to compete one-on-one with someone I respect on the Dark-Side. That deed is done so I can relax again. I had to get back here sooner or latter for the sake of "humility" at the very least.

Ben

Humility was never my strong point.

Could someone please point me a help file or tell me why I can't see any replies to anything I have posted.

What would be ideal is the "View unread" as is worked in version 1 of LAVA. The view unread link at the top right is only showing me threads I have nevenr looked at. Once I have looked and replied the new posts to those threads aren't showing up in a list.

Is there a setting or something that i need to just be able to keep on the new stuff?

Ben

I would not mind someone PM the hint to me since I don't know where to look to see if anyone replied.

If these questions sound dumb, there is nothing wrong with your ears.

Ben

Forget my last. It was a setting somewhere under my profile or settings.

So where do I look ot find the filed that lets me edit the text under my name?

Is that option still available?

Still wondering,

Ben

Oh boy!

Less than 300 posts till I can make it offcial that I don't know what I'm talking about. There is a goal to work towards. wacko.gif It was fun last time. It should be again.

Ben

You're practically there!

Bummer for me, though. I guess I've got to pull a 'crelf' and reply to everything; even with just an emoticon. ;)

Only 644 to go?! Ugh...

tongue.gif

Last week, Yair had to correct me because I somehow managed to combine two different proverbs into one and added a summary that I can't for the life of me figure out where I got that from!

Rather than make that mistake again (so soon) I'll just site the verse so I can't screw it up.

So in good humour neBulus replies;

"Proverbs 26:4"

Just being silly. tongue.gif

Ben

Last week, Yair had to correct me because I somehow managed to combine two different proverbs into one

Well, you did basically ask me to do it and since I didn't know those verses, I even had to look it up. tongue.gif

Your post actually gave me an idea - a blog which would basically be a recap of all the interesting stories in the bible in bite-size pieces. This should probably be cool, because I'm guessing most people either don't know the stories or remember only twisted/partial versions of them. My inspiration for this was this blog, but I was thinking of only doing the interesting stories and of making the posts much shorter (and also of not giving any commentary).

Well, you did basically ask me to do it and since I didn't know those verses, I even had to look it up. tongue.gif

Your post actually gave me an idea - a blog which would basically be a recap of all the interesting stories in the bible in bite-size pieces. This should probably be cool, because I'm guessing most people either don't know the stories or remember only twisted/partial versions of them. My inspiration for this was this blog, but I was thinking of only doing the interesting stories and of making the posts much shorter (and also of not giving any commentary).

By simply choosing a version of the bible, I think you'd be opening yourself up to lots of flaming by people who subscribe to other versions...

That said, I think it's a cool idea!

The good thing is that I don't need to choose a version - I have the Hebrew version, and there's only one. Also, since the idea is basically just to convey the major plot points, as presented in the text, that's not something I would be worried about. The main concern for me is that doing this properly would take time. I might try writing a few posts in advance just to see if I have the resolve. The good thing is that coming up with the content is very easy and that there's enough content to last a while. smile.gif

That could make for some interesting discusion! (But are we capable of playing nice together?) I would like to here the folically challenged amoung us (like me) to comment on 2 Kings 2:23. Lots of interesting stories in both book of Kings and one of my favorite lines from the KJV translation was "and the next morning when they woke up they were all dead."

And we should really hash-out the whole goats and the sheep thing. If we where all sheep then why do some of us drive cars with bumper stickers that read;

"LAVA No Expreess VIs required." That is a goatish attitude if I ever read one.

Ben