Lurker Roll Call

That could make for some interesting discusion!

I'm hoping not too much discussions wink.gif . If I would do something like this it would not be to start yet another war. The point would be to present the stories, not to discuss religion, theology or morals (unless such issues rise directly from the text). If you want a parallel, think of the greek mythology - people can read and discuss these stories today without getting into religious wars (well, maybe Michael A. will think differently wink.gif ).

The good thing is that I don't need to choose a version - I have the Hebrew version, and there's only one.

Reminds me of one of my classes in college. One of my liberal arts requirements was a Roots of Western Civ. class. We read things like the Odyssey, Gilgamesh, and parts of the bible. The professor was a Classics professor who had studied ancient Greek. He disagreed with the English translation of many parts of the bible.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Pretty much a lurker here, although i have had more contribution on the NI Forums. I guess my Lurkiness on the LAVA forums is that most of the topics here are research purposes for me and although I know what your talking about I never feel quite qualified to chip in. However the forums are a great resource for getting that little bit extra out of LabVIEW.

About Me: Started out at LabVIEW 5.1 in 1998 as a permy, then contracting, now trying to scrape a living doing LabVIEW on my own!

Craig

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been registered on these forums for a long time, but don't get on here much (I hope to change that).

Last flurry of posts I made was probably when I got my CLD back in 2008 (I've been maintaining it). I've since taken the classes to help with taking a CLA test (Advanced Architectures and Managing Software Engineering in LabVIEW), but haven't had the opportunity to apply the knowledge I gained from those classes, so I haven't taken the CLA exam yet.

I've wanted to go to NI Week since... well... forever, but every year, my company won't approve budget for me to attend.

I've since taken the classes to help with taking a CLA test (Advanced Architectures and Managing Software Engineering in LabVIEW), but haven't had the opportunity to apply the knowledge I gained from those classes, so I haven't taken the CLA exam yet.

Crap - thanks for reminding me: my CLA recert is up soon!

Oh, and hi! :)

QUOTE(dannyt @ Oct 15 2007, 07:20 PM)

Blooday oath - with the 'boks hammering Argentina 37-13 blink.gif

QUOTE(dannyt @ Oct 15 2007, 08:59 PM)

but he has not actually thrown anything yet

...yet smile.gif We seem to have an office policy that insists at least a dozen missles (nerf balls, spider balls, balsa-wood model planes, RC helicopters, ping-pong balls, practise golf balls, etc) be launched daily - often at my expense. One guy is even considering an amory of these...

(PaulG slowly shakes his head, rolls his eyes and sighs.) I miss the tickle parties the most. :(

• 11 months later...

Lurker since a little while (around since as long as I got to learn LabVIEW... which means 2 little years). I registered today (I wanted to do it since a while... but never did). My contribution might be little due to a lack of experience, but it's a great place to learn.

I'm 25, was born and studied in France (University of Lyon) where I graduated before starting my studies anew in Germany. I wrote my thesis by NI in Munich and got to know LabVIEW there. I'm since Application Engineer by NI Germany.

I mostly like music and creating colorful wires between squared blocks to make screen look pretty (im not talking about Super Mario Bros Bondage Edition).

Cheers  :thumbup1:

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

Hi!

I'm a lucker then... :o

I'm writing and reading from Madrid (Spain). I work with PXI-RT, cFP and recently with cRIO.

I started using LV6... a long time ago! Now I use LV7.1 and LV2010.

I recently found an interesting quote:

"A good scientist is a person with original ideas.

A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible."

I think that's why we all come here: generally you can find someone who already solved your problems :worshippy:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

The LavaG forums have been a resource for me for a long time (often helping to solve some pretty interesting/difficult challenges!) but as there is so much information here already I've never actually needed to post anything myself!

I've been using LabVIEW since 2010 (bit of serial comms with a self-balancing robot), then did a sort-of graduate placement looking at modelling and control of a servo system with LabVIEW and now work full-time as a LabVIEW developer - I've had my CLD for just over a year and I'm hoping to do the CLA at some point in the first half of next year.

I've worked with a lot of different technologies (cDAQ, cRIO, PXI, RT/FPGA, TCP/IP/Web, 3rd Party Instruments, VISA, Control Design & Simulation Toolkit, Databases, CAN) - but there is always more to learn! Of particular interest to me is interfacing LabVIEW with the web - I have experience of PHP/MySQL programming so finding ways to combine the two is pretty interesting (I've done a project at work installing LabVIEW as a Service on ~100 PCs to monitor the software/PC uptime to a central database for reporting/statistics). At home, I'm currently building a giant version of Tetris (

). 

I've been to NI Days in the UK a few times (heading there on Wednesday!) and I also got to go to NI Week in 2012 and had a great time!

• Like 1