Can I embed .vi to html and pack it to SCORM LMS?

QUOTE(Narudol @ Oct 19 2007, 11:09 AM)

I'm using Labview 8.2 . Can I embed .vi into HTML files (Player use Labview RTE for play it) and pack it for SCORM Learning management system (Ex. Moodle)?

No you cannot embed VIs to HTML files so that it can be played online using local runtime engine. There is no such thing as a LabVIEW player for any web browser. At least not to my knowledge. However you can run LabVIEW in server mode and publish remotely running VIs via Java applet front panels. In this case, the VI is ran on the server machine running LabVIEW. A user can run the VI and access the VI front panel using a web browser. Should two person try to access the same VI remotely, they see the same instance of the VI, not two different instances of the VI as you'd propably expect.

Tomi

QUOTE(Narudol @ Oct 20 2007, 01:25 PM)

Thank you Tomi

I try to connect my A/D Converter at User's Computer. Is it possible to connect A/D Converter to Appletview, receive data and display on Appletview? If it possible can I record a data in xml format?

No, you must run LabVIEW or standalone LabVIEW build application on your user's computer to connect to hardware on user's computer.

Tomi

QUOTE(Narudol @ Oct 21 2007, 12:43 PM)

Anyone have any idea please?

Use LabVIEW application builder to build an executable application and allow users to download it to their local computer and run it from there. To run the application will need LabVIEW runtime environment. You can make an installer that installs both you application as well as the runtime environment.

Tomi

I plan to client user connect some breadboard experiment through USB 6008 to Labview Application in client computer. But My Professor want a labview application come to SCORM Package standard (It must pack in zip file and run form Learning management system using web browser) :unsure: My solution just receive some data from bread board experiment to display in labview volt meter or something like that , record some experiment data in Labview application and sent it to LMS using Javascript . Is labview solve this problem?. Can I use appletview in client side is it receive data from USB 6008 or client must have a 'Server function'? (install Labview 8.2)

regards

Narudol

Hi Tomi

"Can you still verify if the USB board is physically attached to the student's client computer and not a server somewhere away from the student."

If I have a labview server in University lab And I use Appletview. Can Appletview connect to USB6008 in Client side and connect to Server with Tcp/ip function?

In My Thesis I plan to Client do experiement by yourself and send data to Labview application. But in SCORM Specification Learning Object must view by Browser and post some data into LMS.

Do you have any idea if I want to create LO with this spec.

1. Play with Any Browser (with Runtime , Pluging like JVM, Flash, )

2. Receive data from breadboard through USB A/D Converter?

3. Create javascript by This Application?

:unsure:

regards

Narudol

QUOTE(Narudol @ Oct 23 2007, 06:03 PM)

If I have a labview server in University lab And I use Appletview. Can Appletview connect to USB6008 in Client side and connect to Server with Tcp/ip function?

Not to my knowledge. However I've not used appletview. I've only used the LabVIEW build-in web server.

You need a client LabVIEW application to access the client side USB board. There is no work around to my knowledge. This application can either be 1) a collection of VIs together with LabVIEW installed on the client computer or 2) a LabVIEW build executable together with LabVIEW runtime environment installed on client computer. The second option doesn't require a LabVIEW license on client computer where as the first requires LabVIEW license.

To build a LabVIEW application (.exe) you need LabVIEW applicaiton builder that ships with LV Professional or that can be separately purchased from NI. You can distribute this application as a ZIP file to your SCORM users. You can make this application to communicate with your SCORM system according to SCORM specifications or with your LabVIEW server. I don't know the SCORM specifications, so I cannot say how to make the ZIP SCORM compilant or how to communicate over network with SCORM. This is something you have to figure out by yourself.

Tomi