New forum for code repository in-development discussions

I just added a new forum, see: Code Repository Code In-Development. This forum can be used by anyone who wants to present some code and evolve a discussion and review where the final product will be a submission to the Code Repository (CR).

There is currently no requirement to start a discussion in this forum in order to have code approved for the CR. Also, just because code is discussed in this forum does not necessarily mean that it will end up in the CR. The current CR requirements have not changed, See: Code repository support forum.

Some other use-cases:

• You can start discussions in this forum and present completed Code Repository code when you need to get feedback from the community (or the CR review committee) before you submit it to the Code Repository.
  • You have some cool code but don't have time to evolve it into a proper submission. Others in the community can take it over (giving proper credit) and evolve it into a CR submission.
  • You have an idea and really need some help from the community to get it implemented.
  • You have finished code and need the community to do some Beta testing before an official CR release. This can also be for existing CR code that has a new upcomming version release.
  • The list can go on...

To get the forum started I moved some existing threads there. I know there are several others I missed. Send me a PM to let me know which others you want moved.