Long VI load/save times

I have found a couple threads that "touch" on this issue but would like more info on the possible causes/solutions to this issue.

When loading my main VI it takes several minutes to load fully load and be ready for programming. Once loaded it runs relatively smooth.

When saving my main VI (subVI's save relatively quickly) it again takes several minutes.

I am also experiencing certain (apparently random) actions that "hang" LV for a couple minutes. One of these such times was when changing "VI Properties" on a subVI. Another such occasion was when cutting and pasting a function from one case structure to another.

What are the causes of such behavior and how can I fix them? Links?

Does this have anything to do with reentrant execution? Tips?

Background:

LV 8.5 -> up from 8.2 (Dev Package)

Thanks in advance...

QUOTE(Noxious @ Oct 23 2007, 03:05 AM)

When loading my main VI it takes several minutes to load fully load and be ready for programming. Once loaded it runs relatively smooth.

When saving my main VI (subVI's save relatively quickly) it again takes several minutes.

I am also experiencing certain (apparently random) actions that "hang" LV for a couple minutes. One of these such times was when changing "VI Properties" on a subVI. Another such occasion was when cutting and pasting a function from one case structure to another.

How big is your block diagram? The only time that I've seen slow down on Save for any VI is for the VIs that are many multiple screens in size. Similar slow downs begin occuring on any operation that changes the type of a wire (such as changing the property of a Property Node) as the diagram gets bigger. If your diagram has gotten to be very large, consider making subVIs.

If large diagram is not your issue, I don't know anything else.

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Oct 23 2007, 05:47 PM)

If large diagram is not your issue, I don't know anything else.

Slow loading can also occur on large hierarchies. For me, loading a hierarchy of 700-800 VIs and having the VI ready for editing on a freshly loaded 7.0 takes about 20-30 seconds.

Of course, the edit time freezes point more likely to a large VI.

Are you sure all the VI's are 8.5? I had some wierd issues where some example code I had downloaded from NI's site and which was in my old project, was loading a dll from my labview 8.2 folder in my upgraded labview 8.5 project.

Look under the Project's files tab to make sure everything is loaded from /labview 8.5 folder.

Neville.

Try changing the Color quality of your windows display properties from 32bit to 16bit.

Also, LVOOP is a hog. Are you using LVOOP?

Also, you state that it's an upgrade from 8.2. Have you saved all your VI's??? Silly question but some people don't save (upcovert) all the VI's. A lot of unsaved changes in memory cause this too.