VariantDataToTDMS.llb in LabVIEW 8.5

CTR

I was using an opensource library named "VariantDataToTDMS.llb" in labview 8.2.1. It is working very fine.

I have tried it in labview 8.5 but it is not in all condition. It is working fine if a do not use two clusters of the same type. I have joint an example of the problem. If you open the Vi "Test Read-Write variant data to tdms identique__TDMS.vi" you will see the problem. That vi write and read in a TDMS file. It writes 3 differents clusters with different names. But the cluster "My large cluster" and the cluster "Same Large" are two cluster exactly the same. Once you run it. If you look at the TDMS file in diadem. You will see that the cluster name "Same Large" was not written in the file.

Does it exist a another version of that library that fixed that problem?

Is it a labview 8.5 the problem?

Someone else have experience the same problem?

CTR

What you are experiencing is a LabVIEW bug I reported a while back. I actually though it was fixed, clearly this is not the case.

Basically starting in LabVIEW 8.0, NI broke the variant capability to preserve the data name (see this thread).

The good news, is that there is a work around. If you change your code as seen below everything works fine.

post-121-1193697002.png?width=400

PJM

• 2 years later...

I am using the librairie variantDataTo TDMS.llb for many year. I have upgraded to labview 2009. It is working fine. But I did a teste recently. I have try to modfy one value of the TDMS file directly in the tdms file in DIADEM. After it is impossible to read the file again. I have on error 85: "Error 85 occurred at [Essai]:T Avant haut Scan From String (arg 1) in ClusterToTDMS.lvlib:Read TDMS Key (Variant)__TDMS.vi->ClusterToTDMS.lvlib:Read TDMS Cluster__TDMS.vi->File Read write.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Scan failed. The input string does not contain data in the expected format."

Should I save the file in DIADEM in a special format?

Should I upgrade the librairy "variantDataTo TDMS.llb"?

Thanks for your help!