VLM Users?

Is there a section on LAVA for VLM-Related Stuff?

I'm currently the NI VLM Admin for our site and I'm just getting around to working on getting things working "properly". I've come up with a lot of questions though since I never had any formal training in VLM Administration and some of the online stuff on the NI website doesn't cover things to the level I'd like.

Is there a place in here for this type of stuff (I couldn't find a section that "fit" except maybe LabVIEW General), so I put this in here.

I haven't seen one yet, but boy oh boy it feels good to know there is going to be someone else out there that I can warn/complain to.

We've been using it and I've been acting as admin and w/ the new version we've had nothing but trouble.

NI is actively working w/ us on it, so big thanks to them, but we're still having issues.

What is the specific thing that you're wondering/hoping to tell about it? how many licenses.

Did you know that you can"t turn off the debug log in the 2.1 version.

Have Fun

~,~

Well, here's what I've got:I have 3 copies of Developer's Suite (one with Auto Test, the other with Ind. Monitoring/FPGA/RT and a Dev Suite core only) each with their own SN and with 5 "permissions" for each. I also have 1 seat of LV full development. I've been our VLA for almost 3 years now and I never had any training in it and have no idea what I'm doing.

I'm trying to create "network installers" as I'm now finding out that I distributed the software incorrectly before. Now, I'm trying to do it correctly, creating network installers for people to use to access their permissions and what not... but I'm confused as to how I'm supposed to distribute them easily. I know how to create an installer, it's straightforward, but since I have 3 copies of Dev Suite, each under their own SN, do I have to create a new installer for EACH software component under their specific SNs? I.e. LabVIEW installer for A12B4567, C89D0123 and E45F6789 (I made up those SNs) and for each copy of LabWindows, etc? Then create file structures with shortcuts that point to each "correct one"?

I don't know if any of the above made sense as it's late and I'm tired...I've looked at the online literature and examples and they don't cover the Dev Suites in the VLM very well, let alone multiple Dev Suites in a VLM.

Forgot to mention... all of my permissions are computer based.