Can not configure PXI embedded controller + Motion controller in

bono02

Hi all,

I just got the LV-RT add on, I am using 8.2.1 version. Here's what happened:

- I have a target PXI-1042 (chassis) with PXI-8106 Embedded Controller, and one motion controller PXI-7358 is installed! And host, Intel Pentium Duo Core with high spec.

- I followed the instructions , I have installed the LV and LV-RT to both, my PC and the PXI controller

- Then, I booted with the PXI embedded controller, chose to boot from LV-RT in the BIOS, then I managed to set the IP address in the target, and also I

successfully install the driver/software from the host to RT-Target (my PXI)

- When I was about to do the next step which was to configure the device in MAX, I failed. The MAX seemed can not read the devices which are installed

in my PXI target system :(

I have searched in ni.com, looking around the RT thread but no-one seemed to have same problem with me :(

FYI, I have installed the driver for the motion controller, which I can write and run a program for this controller.

Do you know how to solve this problem? Thank you

Try a manual reboot of the PXI system.

Are you sure you are not in safe mode? (there is a dip switch on the controller to set it in safe mode, if you haven't changed it, then it probably is NOT in safe mode).

Connect a monitor to the PXI controller and see what error messages if any are displayed on it.

Try removing the other modules (except controller) from the chassis and seeing if error messages disappear or behaviour changes.

If still nothing then follow instructions to re-install the software by putting in safe mode. These should be in the manual for your controller.

Neville.

QUOTE(Neville D @ Nov 14 2007, 02:59 AM)

Try a manual reboot of the PXI system.

Are you sure you are not in safe mode? (there is a dip switch on the controller to set it in safe mode, if you haven't changed it, then it probably is NOT in safe mode).

Connect a monitor to the PXI controller and see what error messages if any are displayed on it.

Try removing the other modules (except controller) from the chassis and seeing if error messages disappear or behaviour changes.

If still nothing then follow instructions to re-install the software by putting in safe mode. These should be in the manual for your controller.

Neville.

Hi Neville, thank you for your response. I can switch to the Safe Mode using the BIOS configuration, there are three options: WINDOWS/Other OS, LABVIEW RT, LABVIEW RT Safe Mode.

I have dual monitor, so I can switch directly. I tried your suggestion, the device in the target still did not apper in MAX, and btw, I only have one card installed PXI-7358.

I remove the installed software on my remote target, and then installed again, rebooted. But still the device in the target did not appear T_T

Anyway, is it possible for my machine to be used as RT target, the PXI-1042 (chassis) with PXI-8106 Embedded Controller?? Or is it should be PXI-RT controller?