Problems with shared variable library deployment

Hi,

I recently started working with shared variables in LV 8.5 (previous work was done in LV 8.2 worked fine) and have come upon the following problem:

When I create and edit shared variables programmatically and use SaveTo Library.vi, the library is created with the settings and LV doesn't report any errors.

But when I try to deploy the variables this is what happens:

1. If deploying in source code variables are deployed without reported errors but if you open them in the Variable Manager they are displayed as type Variant.

This is not a big issue because when you start writing in the values the types are correct (and all the settings too). DSC Variable Monitor displays everithing correctly.

2. If deploying in .exe program LV reports an error 1, creates the process but does not deploy the variables. This does not happen if i create and edit the variables in Project explorer of Multiple Variable Editor. When I open the .lvlib file with wordpad i got an .xml file with the shared variable properties, after comparing the two libraries i found out that the library created programmatically has few more properties that shoud not be there - boolean type has all the logging properties of other variables.

Is there a workaround for this problem or is it a bug in LV which needs to be reported to NI?

Thanks,

Hacti

P.S. Sorry for the long post

Hi,

I recently started working with shared variables in LV 8.5 (previous work was done in LV 8.2 worked fine) and have come upon the following problem:

When I create and edit shared variables programmatically and use SaveTo Library.vi, the library is created with the settings and LV doesn't report any errors.

But when I try to deploy the variables this is what happens:

1. If deploying in source code variables are deployed without reported errors but if you open them in the Variable Manager they are displayed as type Variant.

This is not a big issue because when you start writing in the values the types are correct (and all the settings too). DSC Variable Monitor displays everithing correctly.

2. If deploying in .exe program LV reports an error 1, creates the process but does not deploy the variables. This does not happen if i create and edit the variables in Project explorer of Multiple Variable Editor. When I open the .lvlib file with wordpad i got an .xml file with the shared variable properties, after comparing the two libraries i found out that the library created programmatically has few more properties that shoud not be there - boolean type has all the logging properties of other variables.

Is there a workaround for this problem or is it a bug in LV which needs to be reported to NI?

Thanks,

Hacti

P.S. Sorry for the long post