How to devolop a Battery life testing system using Labview

Prakrutha

QUOTE(Prakrutha @ Nov 27 2007, 07:10 AM)

Hello Everyone

Can somebody please help me devolop a Battery life testing system using Labview. It should test the discharge time of various batteries on a simple lamp circuit.

Thanks

This sounds like a pretty simple project (homework???). If all you need is the discharge time you will have to interface with a DMM (find one that already has LabVIEW drivers created) to measure battery voltage and/or current. Get a time stamp when the lamp is switched on and another when voltage drops below a certain level. Compare the two time stamps and you have discharge time.

In the future, you will get better responses if you post what you have already done so far and what equipment you are using.

-Toby

QUOTE(TobyD @ Nov 27 2007, 09:55 PM)

This sounds like a pretty simple project (homework???). If all you need is the discharge time you will have to interface with a DMM (find one that already has LabVIEW drivers created) to measure battery voltage and/or current. Get a time stamp when the lamp is switched on and another when voltage drops below a certain level. Compare the two time stamps and you have discharge time.

In the future, you will get better responses if you post what you have already done so far and what equipment you are using.

-Toby

Thanks!!

This sounds like a fun experiment!

• What hypotheses have you made so far?
  • How do you propose to make your measurements?
  • Do you have any equipment that can communicate with LabVIEW?
    • DMM
    • different lamp types
    • Timers
    • Sensors

Can you share anything more with us? In order to solve most technical problems, the scientific method is a wonderful technique :thumbup: .

QUOTE(Prakrutha @ Nov 29 2007, 06:40 AM)

I have got the voltage using the DAQ assistant(measurement and computing) actually I am lost after this. I just cannot figure out what to do next.

Forgive me for jumping to conclusions, but don't you have teaching assistants for you class? If you are really stuck at the beginning, you should get some one-on-one coaching.