Hello!

John Dierks

Hi everyone,

Just registered after a few months of lurking, so I thought I'd say hi. I've been playing with LabVIEW over the last couple months, with the hopes that I might find a job using it as it seems like there's demand for programmers. I'm just a beginner, but I studied for and passed NI's Certified Associate Developer exam last month. Hopefully I can get some real world experience and start sending out some resumes!

I've already learned a lot from this site, and hopefully I'll learn even more now that I'll be posting more.

QUOTE(John Dierks @ Nov 27 2007, 07:44 PM)

....I can get some real world experience and start sending out some resumes!....

Welcome to the LabVIEW world!

I will suggest to look for right people to work with instead of "Job Openings". It sounds more philosophical but it will help in long run!

There are good resources of "NI Alliance Members" available on NI website (I do not have the link). That is good place to start.

ALL THE BEST! :thumbup:

Regards,

Ashish

• 6 months later...

QUOTE (irpotential @ Jun 17 2008, 01:15 PM)

I've been using labview for about a week now and have found several useful posts here, but now need to begin asking questions.

About me: I'm a physics major doing a summer research program that requires labview programing.

Welcome to LAVA. You will find more physics types here than you will most other places you visit. If you keep your eyes open you'll an entire thread devoted to mis-application of quantum theory. In fact more than one of us can pick out a picture of Maxwell from a collection AND understand what he was getting at.

BTW: What school do you attend?

Ben

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ Jun 18 2008, 12:21 AM)

Now raise your arms above your head and move them back and forth as though there were no consequences!

This is particularly amusing if you happen to have a low ceiling fan over you when you do this :P .

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ Jun 17 2008, 05:21 PM)

All the physicists in the house say Hey!

Hey! :thumbup:

Now raise your arms above your head and move them back and forth as though there were no consequences!

Wanna-be amateur "for all intents and purposes" HEY! :thumbup: