file discription

QUOTE(frentzen @ Dec 5 2007, 07:00 AM)

i need a pretty good discription of the added vi. It would help me a lot with my study work.

If anybody could help, would be great.

It looks like it loads a javascript file called xml.js and executes some functions defined in that file to extract information from a data file, called Mean[1].20061013_123043.xml. The results look like some kind of summary info about the data file, and also some raw data stored in it.

Without the two files in bold above, it's impossible to tell exactly what it does. However, since it looks like the data file (Mean[1].20061013_123043.xml) is in XML, you could probably parse it from scratch without using xml.js if you have to.

Also, you should wire the Error Out terminal of the last IScriptControl node to at least an error cluster indicator. It's good coding practice, and it will let you know if anything goes wrong upstream.

Hi Justin,

my fault, i forgot to add the other two files. Here comes the xml-file, the java file i could not upload.

The vi shows as a result, the data from the xml-file. I need to tell people what's going on in that vi, like

first it loads the java file, then it opens the xml-file and so on. So i have to go through step by step.

If you could help a little bit, would be great.

Thanks, Thomas

QUOTE(frentzen @ Dec 12 2007, 08:24 AM)

Hi Justin,

my fault, i forgot to add the other two files. Here comes the xml-file, the java file i could not upload.

The vi shows as a result, the data from the xml-file. I need to tell people what's going on in that vi, like

first it loads the java file, then it opens the xml-file and so on. So i have to go through step by step.

If you could help a little bit, would be great.

Thanks, Thomas

Are you sure this is not just your actual homework or assignment that you want us to do for you?

Figuring out what this all does, shouldn't be to difficult if you know a little bit about LabVIEW, Java and XML.

If you don't, I'm afraid you will fall through anyhow during your presentation, trying to explain some precooked

explanations you don't understand yourself.

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE(frentzen @ Dec 12 2007, 06:24 AM)

I think I already gave you all that information in the previous post, no?

If you need to explain step-by-step what each node in the VI does, I suggest you consult the LabVIEW Help. For that matter, you could probably just open the Context Help window (Ctrl+H), point to each node in the VI, and read the text in the help window.