Mass Attack Flash Game

I found it fairly boring. Does it ever get more interesting than just putting weights on the scales? Click-hold-to-size-release --- if we slowed down the growth of the ball, the game would be trivial. The challenge of visually guaging the size of the ball and releasing at a particular time isn't exciting, to me anyway.

Michael, what makes this particular game worth posting instead of the many other physics model games?

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Dec 11 2007, 11:39 AM)

I found it fairly boring. Does it ever get more interesting than just putting weights on the scales? Click-hold-to-size-release --- if we slowed down the growth of the ball, the game would be trivial. The challenge of visually guaging the size of the ball and releasing at a particular time isn't exciting, to me anyway.

Michael, what makes this particular game worth posting instead of the many other physics model games?

Clearly you just don't understand what constitutes a good time. It's not about the challenge, it's about the mindless waste of time and the feeling of triumph as you achieve a perfect equilibrium with your balls. :oops:

QUOTE(TobyD @ Dec 11 2007, 11:21 PM)

Clearly you just don't understand what constitutes a good time. It's not about the challenge, it's about the mindless waste of time and the feeling of triumph as you achieve a perfect equilibrium with your balls. :oops:

i'm with Aristos on this one. this game is very boring to my taste.

and talking of wasting time, i prefere LV.

what about developing a graphical platform on which virtual vi robots could fight?? hein?? we should see the robots fighting of course!

QUOTE(Gabi1 @ Dec 11 2007, 04:33 PM)

what about developing a graphical platform on which virtual vi robots could fight?? hein?? we should see the robots fighting of course!

I think I've pointed it out before, but just for reference (in case someone decides to try it), there was something like this at least once before. See www.vibots.com It had limited success, but the fellow behind it did a pretty good job setting it up. One downside was that the competitions weren't "live". You submitted your bot program, then he ran them all and posted the results. He also posted playback files, so you could view how the match went. But it would be cool to have a web interface where you could post a bot VI and have it fight other bots that had already been posted to the site.

Dave