PRODUCT NOTICE: Software problem may corrupt configuration in MAX

PRODUCT NOTICE: Software problem may corrupt configuration in MAX

Please be advised that National Instruments identified a problem in NI-DAQmx 8.6.0f12 that in some cases may corrupt your configuration data in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) when upgrading NI-DAQmx. If you have installed any of the listed "Products Affected" you must determine if you are affected by this issue by visiting the notification reference page. Included below are instructions on how to return systems with configuration corruption in MAX to a working state and instructions to download and request replacement discs. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience this may cause. National Instruments is committed to your total satisfaction and to maintaining your confidence in our products.

Warning: This functional error can cause loss of data and/or corruption of data, damage to your computer software system, including system crashes, failure of hardware and/or software systems, and malfunctions or failures of electronic monitoring or control devices. To avoid harm to property or persons, including the risk of bodily injury or death, you must determine whether you are affected and take the "Action Required" described below.

Our records indicate you received one or more products affected by this problem. Please carefully review the following information to determine the action you should take in connection with this notification.

Products Affected

You may be affected by this issue if you installed NI-DAQmx from the following Fourth Quarter 2007 Developer Suite or Software Reference Library media:

• Device Driver Reference CDs

• LabVIEW 8.5 Professional Development System and Device Drivers DVD

You may experience the problem described above if you selected the installation of any of the following products from the Fourth Quarter 2007 Driver CDs:

• NI-DAQmx 8.6 • NI-DCPower 1.1.2

• NI-DMM 2.7.2 • NI-FGen 2.5

• NI-HSDIO 1.5.2 • NI-RFSA 2.0.6

• NI-RFSG 1.3 • NI-Scope 3.4

• NI-Switch 3.6.1

Action Required

If any of the products above are installed on your system, you must determine whether you have been affected and how to resolve the problem by visiting the notification reference page, and following the procedure described there.

If none of the products above are installed on your system, you are not currently affected by this issue. We request that you discard only the following affected discs shipped with Fourth Quarter 2007 Developer Suite:

• NI LabVIEW 8.5 Professional Development System and Device Drivers DVD

• Device Drivers for Data Acquisition, Instrument Control, Motion and Vision, Disk 1 of 3

• Device Drivers for Data Acquisition, Instrument Control, Motion and Vision, Disk 2 of 3

• Device Drivers for Data Acquisition, Instrument Control, Motion and Vision, Disk 3 of 3

You may continue to use the corresponding discs from the August 2007 Developer Suite. If you no longer have the August 2007 discs, you can download or request replacement discs at the notification reference page.

If you are not the end user of these products, National Instruments asks for your help in notifying the end user by forwarding this letter to the end user or providing National Instruments with information to help locate the end user.

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience this may cause. National Instruments is committed to your total satisfaction and to maintaining your confidence in our products. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact National Instruments support at ni.com/ask or by telephone at (800) 531-5066.

Regards,

Gavin Fox

Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Dec 12 2007, 05:51 AM)

You may be affected by this issue if you installed NI-DAQmx from the following Fourth Quarter 2007 Developer Suite or Software Reference Library media:

• Device Driver Reference CDs

• LabVIEW 8.5 Professional Development System and Device Drivers DVD

I have only just recieved a 2nd set of our 3rd quarter Dev Suite CDs. Thankfully NI was slower down-under for distributing the dev suite.

Peter

QUOTE(PeterB @ Dec 12 2007, 12:33 AM)

[/indent]I have only just recieved a 2nd set of our 3rd quarter Dev Suite CDs. Thankfully NI was slower down-under for distributing the dev suite.

Peter

This is a joke right?

Guess not.

How about if I installed 8.5 full from the DVD.

Do I have to remove these parts or can they be overwritten with a fixed device drivers CD set or DVD?

Most likely not using the affected files (yet)

(I guess Ill ask NI about this too)

BTW Thanks Michael thanks for bringing this up here. Appreciated.

QUOTE(TG @ Dec 12 2007, 01:41 PM)

This is a joke right?

Ummm..... Nope.

I really did get a 2nd set of Q3 Dev Suite disks and they were delivered about 1 week ago (the 1st set of Q3 disks came about 1.5 months ago). I'm not even sure why they delivered the Q3 disks a second time, . I think they meant to give me the Q4 disks instead, but fortunately they haven't yet.

Peter

As some of you may recall I was complaining a little last week that my Dev Suite est. ship date was January 22nd , I was told they were waiting for a driver , I guess this must be what the issue was all about. Well they shipped the Dev Suite with the 4th quarter DVD/CD's which arrived on Monday which I installed and now have an "infected" system , although I should be ok with what I am currently working on....

I recieved the "PRODUCT NOTICE: Software problem may corrupt configuration in MAX" email yesterday about noon from NationalInstruments@demand.ni.com

Dan