Vibration measurements

EJW

I am trying to take vibration measurements on our old test stands. The program i am writing in LV85 is to replace our outdated labwindows 5 program. I have a new pxi system to replace our outdated 286 machines. (dont laugh). We are taking vibration measurements with PCB accelerometers, typically 100mv/g and using an Althen VIB-RMS 5B module for signal conditioning. The origial system acquired this on an E series mf-DAQ, now i am using a 6221M. I am not familiar with C or labwindows and am unsure how they were calculating average g and peak g from the hardware i mentioned. I would assume (i know) that if i took my analog input multiplied it by 1000 (convert volts to millivolts) and divided it by the accelerometer's value (100mv/g) i would get g. That does not appear to be happening. Now i know the 5B is an RMS module and the accelerometer measures peak. I think i am missing something here that involves either the RMS value of sine (.707) or the square root of 2, or something. How do i calculate my peak g from an RMS value coming in and then how do i calculate an average g. FYI, no vibration toolkit, although it should not be needed as my signal conditioning ocurrs before my daq and not actually using a vibration daq.