Now you're thinking in ...

Aristos Queue

I was inspired.

post-5877-1197929017.png?width=400

:P

If you haven't yet played Portal, I STRONGLY recommend it as the greatest video game *ever*. The freely available "Narbacular Drop" will give you some taste of the game, but only the tiniest taste. The college design team that did Narbacular was hired to do the professional version Portal. They have achieved the status of "living legends" in the game industry.

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Dec 17 2007, 02:04 PM)

I was inspired.

post-5877-1197929017.png?width=400

:P

If you haven't yet played Portal, I STRONGLY recommend it as the greatest video game *ever*. The freely available "Narbacular Drop" will give you some taste of the game, but only the tiniest taste. The college design team that did Narbacular was hired to do the professional version Portal. They have achieved the status of "living legends" in the game industry.

I'll admit it. That is much more fun (and creative) than dropping balls on a scale (although both can waste a surprising amount of time). I haven't played Portal yet (I'll have to hold out until Christmas to see if Santa brings me the orange box), but Narbacular Drop is a neat game. It really makes you think in 3D.

Unfortunately I haven't even played HL 2 yet (gasp :o ). I think the first HL was one of the greatest games ever and I remember waiting for a long time for it to arrive (I believe it was demo'ed more than two years before it was released), but I didn't get to the newer generation of games.

Anyway, I liked Narbacular Drop, and came up with a new game - how many princesses can you get on the screen at once? My quick attempt brought me to three.

QUOTE(Yen @ Dec 21 2007, 07:59 AM)

As I was chasing myself in the game, I remembered what this really reminded me of - an old Heilein story called "And he built a crooked house". A quick search for links brought me to this Wikipedia article about tessarcats which has some nice animations:

A well Heinlein :thumbup: . Certainly an interesting author. Although I wouldn't share every of his visions and he seemed to have some militant ideas at time, he also had a very impressive way to describe environments and social interaction that were strange and bewildering, while at the same time still somehow believable. My first contact with him was by stumbling more by accident over "Stranger in a Strange Land" and it took me quite some time and writing an essay over this book for school to see the finer points of this book. And it changed the way I looked at many things remarkebly.

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE(rolfk @ Dec 24 2007, 04:46 AM)

A well Heinlein :thumbup: . Certainly an interesting author. Although I wouldn't share every of his visions and he seemed to have some militant ideas at time, he also had a very impressive way to describe environments and social interaction that were strange and bewildering, while at the same time still somehow believable. My first contact with him was by stumbling more by accident over "Stranger in a Strange Land" and it took me quite some time and writing an essay over this book for school to see the finer points of this book. And it changed the way I looked at many things remarkebly.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Thanks Rolf by reminding me on this book, I really liked it and I hope peace will really come some day.

...for those interested in additional insight into Heinlein's thought process, the often overlooked (and often dismissed!) "Grumbles from the Grave" makes for somewhat interesting reading:

http://www.amazon.com/Grumbles-Grave-Rober...n/dp/1569562512

QUOTE(Albert Geven @ Dec 25 2007, 03:57 PM)

Thanks Rolf by reminding me on this book, I really liked it and I hope peace will really come some day.