Horizontal lines appear in grab acquision after a while

Hello everyone,

My system is using 4 cameras. this system worked for about 3 years and never had a problem with this. But now, When I start my process for less than an hour, I start to see horizontal lines in my acquisition image. Even when I close all my VI, this also happen in MAX. For the Xmas holiday's, I've turn all the system off. When I started everything back, My PXI chassis wasn't in MAX. So I've finally figured out that I had to open the PXI chassis before opening the computer. But, by doing that, I've lost some seting that I've manage to recover from backups. Is there a seting in MAX that could do this? A seting that could have a link with the image buffer? I'm also getting errors about the IMAQ acquisition that I never had before like "IMG_ERR_TIM0" Thank you for your help.

I'm using a PXI-1000B chassis with a PXI-1409 acquisition card. I'm using Labview 6.1

Thank you for your help,

I have no advice, only consolation.

I had two PCI-1409 boards in a computer with 8 cameras. All 8 are wired into one custom power supply box that should supply enough current for all 8.

At some point I started getting similar problems. "Unrecognizable video source" or some such message from my software and MAX. After a few days of testing station "warm-up" time, I figured out that I needed to turn on the power supply at least 15 minutes before trying to acquire an image.

... about midway though the life of this equipment, I did upgrade the IMAQ software.. I don't think that had anything to do with it though..

I had no problem with a 30 minute warm-up period, so a label on the power supply stated this requirement.

Like I said.. no advice.. only consolation.

Good luck,

James

QUOTE(coolaid @ Jan 9 2008, 04:52 AM)

Hello everyone,

My system is using 4 cameras. this system worked for about 3 years and never had a problem with this. But now, When I start my process for less than an hour, I start to see horizontal lines in my acquisition image. Even when I close all my VI, this also happen in MAX. For the Xmas holiday's, I've turn all the system off. When I started everything back, My PXI chassis wasn't in MAX. So I've finally figured out that I had to open the PXI chassis before opening the computer. But, by doing that, I've lost some seting that I've manage to recover from backups. Is there a seting in MAX that could do this? A seting that could have a link with the image buffer? I'm also getting errors about the IMAQ acquisition that I never had before like "IMG_ERR_TIM0" Thank you for your help.

I'm using a PXI-1000B chassis with a PXI-1409 acquisition card. I'm using Labview 6.1

Thank you for your help,

It sounds to me like it could be heat related. Video cameras and processing equipment will often start outputting weird artifacts when it gets to hot. I would make sure all fans are still turning smoothly and give everything a good cleaning with compressed air. You could even setup some fans blowing air directly on the equipment and run it for a while to see if it helps.

Good Luck,

Toby

QUOTE(TobyD @ Jan 9 2008, 11:48 AM)

It sounds to me like it could be heat related. Video cameras and processing equipment will often start outputting weird artifacts when it gets to hot. I would make sure all fans are still turning smoothly and give everything a good cleaning with compressed air. You could even setup some fans blowing air directly on the equipment and run it for a while to see if it helps.

Good Luck,

Toby

Good idea, I will try to clean it.  The problem that I also have is that I didn't have any problem with it and it's running for about 3 years from now.  The problem is temporary solve when I restart the computer.  I didn't change any hardware or software before thi problem occur.

thank you for your support.