Temperature Graph continuous

longzoo

Hi all,

I am using LV 8.2 and am faced with an interesting problem (probably simply solved). I am using a USB-9162 carrier with an NI9211A thermocouple reader. I can take readings from it with no problem but when i go to display the data on a graph :/

The graph i used will keep a specific amount of data, say 100 readings before the older data "drops off" the left side of the graph. What i am looking to do is have the x axis expand as more data is brought in, similar to the way the y axis can autoscale...

Sometimes our guys are monitoring 10 minutes worth of data (low speed 1 reading per second or so) and they can need as much as 5 days worth, in which case the frequency of readings are around 0.02 hz.

Any ideas on me getting these guys all of their data on one chart without making them close the vi and open the data file to graph it...

thanks!

Dave

QUOTE(longzoo @ Jan 18 2008, 09:23 AM)

Hi all,

I am using LV 8.2 and am faced with an interesting problem (probably simply solved). I am using a USB-9162 carrier with an NI9211A thermocouple reader. I can take readings from it with no problem but when i go to display the data on a graph :/

The graph i used will keep a specific amount of data, say 100 readings before the older data "drops off" the left side of the graph. What i am looking to do is have the x axis expand as more data is brought in, similar to the way the y axis can autoscale...

Sometimes our guys are monitoring 10 minutes worth of data (low speed 1 reading per second or so) and they can need as much as 5 days worth, in which case the frequency of readings are around 0.02 hz.

Any ideas on me getting these guys all of their data on one chart without making them close the vi and open the data file to graph it...

thanks!

Dave

You could use a chart instead of the graph. Turn on the x scroll bar and set a long chart history. Then you can scroll back through data that is no longer on screen.

If you wanted to automate the chart presentation a little you can monkey around with the chart properties on the fly using property nodes. Chart propertiy nodes have more options than you can shake a stick at.

Mike