Functional Global Variable in VI template

Hi all.

In the development of my application, I include a vi template for certain visualization window, so I can open unlimited number of instances of that window.

Now, I would like to use a Functional Global Variable inside this window, but not share it through all of them.

Now, from my tests, I found no way (execution options) to do this.

Any suggestions?

Daniel R

Make the functional global itself be a template VI. Then drop the *template* on the block diagram of your other template. The subVI node will be decorated with a large black capital T, indicating that when the top level template is instantiated, this subVI will also be independently instantiated. Now you'll have a separate functional global instance for each of your top level template instances.

Perfect. Thank you for your fast answer.

See you,

Daniel R.

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Jan 22 2008, 02:41 PM)

Make the functional global itself be a template VI. Then drop the *template* on the block diagram of your other template. The subVI node will be decorated with a large black capital T, indicating that when the top level template is instantiated, this subVI will also be independently instantiated. Now you'll have a separate functional global instance for each of your top level template instances.