New to Labview, need help on generating Pulses

Kun

Hi,

I have Ni-USB 6120. And Labview 8.5 Basic.

I am new to Labview and have read and made a pulse generating block diagram using the Pulse Generation Tutorial, but I want to do something and cant find it,

I want to generate pulses with a push button, i.e., when I push the button, a pulse of a preset frequency and duty cycle should start. Pressing the same button should stop it.

In the Pulse Generation Tutorial provided by NI, I dont see any where to put a button.

How would I go on doing this?

Also I asked on the NI Forums on how to change the line where the output pulse is going, but he just led me to some tutorial which I could not understand.

Can anyone help please, I need it done before Monday, thanks.

Please Help

QUOTE(Kun @ Jan 24 2008, 10:52 PM)

Hi,

I have Ni-USB 6120. And Labview 8.5 Basic.

I am new to Labview and have read and made a pulse generating block diagram using the Pulse Generation Tutorial, but I want to do something and cant find it,

I want to generate pulses with a push button, i.e., when I push the button, a pulse of a preset frequency and duty cycle should start. Pressing the same button should stop it.

In the Pulse Generation Tutorial provided by NI, I dont see any where to put a button.

How would I go on doing this?

Also I asked on the NI Forums on how to change the line where the output pulse is going, but he just led me to some tutorial which I could not understand.

Can anyone help please, I need it done before Monday, thanks.

Please Help

Kun, you should take a look at the "event structure" tutorial in the example finder and at the "state machine" tutorial. You'll need that to solve your problem:

1. catch the "button pressed" event with the event structure

2. change the state of your state machine from "running" to "idle" when the event occurs ...