Using IP camera on LabView

Hi there everyone, first i would like to thank in advantage any help you people can provide me in this matter. Since i an a very amateur LabView user, didnt have any idea on which cameras are supported for labview use, so i bought a SVAT IP100 camera, that basically its a USB camera that brings a USB to Ethernet adaptor so in that way you can give an IP to the camera.

Along with the camera came a very basic software that gives you access to the camera using ActiveX or Sun Java, but it works through a web page basically.

I would like to know if anyone have any idea (a VI would be like a miracle to my prairs) of what should i need to do to access the video in Labview?

I've tried all the UDP and TCP/IP options along with Labview 8.2, but i've heard that since its an ethernet protocol, i need to extract from the communciation only the video information that are together with some acknowlegdes and other stuff along with ethernet protocol, and ad this moment i have no idea of how to do that.

Again thanks for the help i can get in this matter, hope to hear soon from you guys.

Regards,

R. Alves

It's considered polite to put up a link for cross posts.

Here is the same text again.

It seems not possible to find any detailed specs for this camera on the internet. That means I can not even guess how to access them at all.

But since it has a built in web server you can always access the images through HTTP. This could be either done through a IE ActiveX control or similar embedded in your VI front panel or by using the Internet Toolkit HTTP VIs to retrieve the image programmatically. OpenG has some rudimentary HTTP routines too, which should probably just work fine too.

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE(crelf @ Jan 30 2008, 03:39 PM)

Hi there, thanks for the possible solution crelf, but the main purpose to adquire the video from the camera its to do processing video activities later, is this possible with your solution? Because i dont seem how could this be possible.

Again, thank you very much, Regards.

RAlves

QUOTE(R.Alves @ Jan 31 2008, 08:12 AM)

...the main purpose to adquire the video from the camera its to do processing video activities later...

This technique won't do that, unless your videos are saved on the IP camera - it's just a method of accessing files on a remote device (if your IP camera buffers static images, it might work...)

QUOTE(R.Alves @ Jan 29 2008, 08:30 PM)

Along with the camera came a very basic software that gives you access to the camera using ActiveX or Sun Java, but it works through a web page basically.

I guess that the IMAQ for USB toolkit will work then, it's free for download but I think it requires IMAQ.

I am using this toolkit to grab images from S-video inputs on USB capture cards. It also works with webcams.

Joris

QUOTE(robijn @ Feb 4 2008, 11:30 AM)

I guess that the IMAQ for USB toolkit will work then, it's free for download but I think it requires IMAQ.

I am using this toolkit to grab images from S-video inputs on USB capture cards. It also works with webcams.

Joris

Hi there, i have worked a little bit in video processing in the past, but using a USB camera and the IMAQ package, the things that i still dont know how to do its how to give IMAQ VI's the video from the IP camera for these VI's to take it as a video entrance.

Again, thanks for all the help and possible solutions given to me in this thread

QUOTE(R.Alves @ Feb 6 2008, 03:27 PM)

but using a USB camera and the IMAQ package, the things that i still dont know how to do its how to give IMAQ VI's the video from the IP camera for these VI's to take it as a video entrance.

IMAQ for USB has special VI's to read from generic windoze cameras. You cannot use the normal functions to grab the image.

Joris