Open and scan pdf

Hello,

I'm trying to build a vi that is able to open and scan (search within) a pdf file.

Opening a pdf file with the use of ActiveX (class:iacroaxdocshim) is no problem.

Is there a possibility to open and scan (search within) pdf files using labview and how do I do that?

Thanks in advance

Ronnie

ZITAT(Ronnie @ Jan 30 2008, 06:27 PM)

Hello,

I'm trying to build a vi that is able to open and scan (search within) a pdf file.

Opening a pdf file with the use of ActiveX (class:iacroaxdocshim) is no problem.

Is there a possibility to open and scan (search within) pdf files using labview and how do I do that?

Thanks in advance

Ronnie

Yes, it can be done, but not in a straightforward way, AFAIK. When I did it some time ago, I used a (free) utility 'pdf2txt'. Google will show you where to find it. I called 'pdf2txt' with LV's 'System Exec.vi' to generate a temporary txt file, which then could be opened and analysed.

If I find my old VI I'll post it here..though it's not difficult to rewrite it once you have the pdf2txt.exe.

-Franz

ZITAT(Ronnie @ Jan 30 2008, 08:49 PM)

Thanks, will it also work with pdf's containing text and drawings?

Ronnie

It will work with all pdfs, but of course only text will be converted.

And don't expect that it converts all text correctly. Ligatures, e.g., are not converted AFAI remember. You've got to try it...

-Franz