Delay Timer

Natu

I have made some subVI with "while loop" and wih "time delay" with different differet mill seconds and if i am calling these subVI in Main VI here also i have given "time delay". But subVI are not executing with time delay what i have given while making that subVI. Please help me, how I can set "subVI property" so it should execute with its own time delay in "main VI".

I have made some subVI with "while loop" and wih "time delay" with different differet mill seconds and if i am calling these subVI in Main VI here also i have given "time delay". But subVI are not executing with time delay what i have given while making that subVI. Please help me, how I can set "subVI property" so it should execute with its own time delay in "main VI".

QUOTE(Natu @ Feb 1 2008, 06:48 AM)

Why do you post your the same question only in two categories? There are much more... :blink:

Just post your vi...

QUOTE(martin@aerodynamics @ Feb 1 2008, 12:34 PM)

Why do you post your the same question only in two categories? There are much more... :blink:

Just post your vi...

Thanks for reply Mr. Martin

I am very sorry I am late because my PC is hanging frequenty because that only by mistake I sent my question in two categories.

I am attaching three Flash Generator with differenet timing. When I am calling these, in main VI it is not flashing LED with the frequency what I have discided while making. Whereas individually it is working.

QUOTE(Natu @ Feb 4 2008, 06:35 AM)

Thanks for reply Mr. Martin

I am very sorry I am late because my PC is hanging frequenty because that only by mistake I sent my question in two categories.

I am attaching three Flash Generator with differenet timing. When I am calling these, in main VI it is not flashing LED with the frequency what I have discided while making. Whereas individually it is working.

It would help if you posted your main VI as well.

QUOTE(Natu @ Feb 4 2008, 12:35 PM)

When I am calling these, in main VI it is not flashing LED with the frequency what I have discided while making. Whereas individually it is working.

Hi

If you are calling these three VIs in the same loop in your main VI, the timing for the updates will be determined by the maximum waiting time in them (2000 in this case). The reason for this is that the main loop cannot jump to the next iteration until all nodes in the current iteration are finished.

Have a look in the timing palette, and checkout the "Elapsed Time" function, maybe this is something you could use.

As said before, please post your MainVI to get more help.

/J

QUOTE(JFM @ Feb 4 2008, 06:26 PM)

Hi

If you are calling these three VIs in the same loop in your main VI, the timing for the updates will be determined by the maximum waiting time in them (2000 in this case). The reason for this is that the main loop cannot jump to the next iteration until all nodes in the current iteration are finished.

Have a look in the timing palette, and checkout the "Elapsed Time" function, maybe this is something you could use.

As said before, please post your MainVI to get more help.

/J

Since I am making One Operator Training Simulator (OTS) for Tharmal Power Plant with the help of LabView. In which there will be number of Systems. And each System will have number of equipment like Pump, Valves, Tanks etc. So for each system I will make One SubVI where all the operation seqence and control logic will be implemented and here I will give some time delay to fulfill the requrement. And each subVI which is representing a corrosponding System, I will call in MainVI to reduce the over all VI size. Now as you are asking for MainVI it is very difficalt to send. Thats way I had simlified my question. And what I am understanding as Mr. JFM is telling it is not possible to set some SubVI property to satisfy my requirement. So I am manipulating like shown in attachment.

QUOTE(Natu @ Feb 4 2008, 03:57 PM)

Since I am making One Operator Training Simulator (OTS) for Tharmal Power Plant with the help of LabView. In which there will be number of Systems. And each System will have number of equipment like Pump, Valves, Tanks etc. So for each system I will make One SubVI where all the operation seqence and control logic will be implemented and here I will give some time delay to fulfill the requrement. And each subVI which is representing a corrosponding System, I will call in MainVI to reduce the over all VI size. Now as you are asking for MainVI it is very difficalt to send. Thats way I had simlified my question. And what I am understanding as Mr. JFM is telling it is not possible to set some SubVI property to satisfy my requirement. So I am manipulating like shown in attachment.

JFM has the right of it... the VI is operating based on your longest delay.

Tim