New LabVIEW online ressource

Eugen Graf

Please visit new multilanguage online ressource for LabVIEW programming. The idea is to discuss LabVIEW programming issues and publishing of tutorials.

It's possible to create new forum boards for further languages, but I speak only German, English and Russian. So feel you free to suggest new boards. Best regards

P.S. crosspost to http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...hread.id=301230

QUOTE(Eugen Graf @ Feb 12 2008, 11:48 AM)

Please visit new multilanguage online ressource for LabVIEW programming. The idea is to discuss LabVIEW programming issues and publishing of tutorials.

The main page's English translation doesn't seem to work (it stays in German), and I can't see how to set the forum to English...

:question: I don't want to discourage you in any way, but I wonder if it might make more sense to have those items over here, perhaps in a new sub-forum?

QUOTE(crelf @ Feb 12 2008, 06:57 PM)

Yes, I know, that the translation on to english the website doesn't work yet. I am working on it. But you can use forums.

QUOTE(crelf @ Feb 12 2008, 06:57 PM)

:question: I don't want to discourage you in any way, but I wonder if it might make more sense to have those items over here, perhaps in a new sub-forum?

Sorry, I don't understand your question. Do you think it's redundant to LAVA?

Please look this topic on LAVA:

http://forums.lavag.org/Time-to-open-own-L...urce-t8360.html

One of ideas is to unite LabVIEW programmers (and beginners, who doesn't present on LAVA) worldwide almost undependly of spoken language.

QUOTE(Eugen Graf @ Feb 12 2008, 01:12 PM)

Sorry, I don't understand your question. Do you think it's redundant to LAVA?

No, I don't think it's redundant - I'm just wondering why you want to do it on your own, whereas maybe having it as part of LAVA might be a better idea. I'm not saying that you should do it one way or the other, I'm just thinking out loud :)

QUOTE(crelf @ Feb 12 2008, 07:31 PM)

No, I don't think it's redundant - I'm just wondering why you want to do it on your own, whereas maybe having it as part of LAVA might be a better idea. I'm not saying that you should do it one way or the other, I'm just thinking out loud :)

Other languages on LAVA? I think LAVA is english-american, dont't it?

QUOTE(Eugen Graf @ Feb 12 2008, 01:33 PM)

Other languages on LAVA? I think LAVA is english-american, dont't it?

I'm not trying to hijack the thread (really!), but are you saying that you're trying to start up a multilingual resource that's just like LAVA? If not, what's the purpose of the site? I thought you were trying to set up a place on the web where people can access LabVIEW tutorials, and I was suggesting that something like that could be added to LAVA, that's all.

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE (Eugen Graf @ Mar 17 2008, 09:48 AM)

So it appears you started the discussion to introduce a multi-language tutorial site\blog and now it appears it's just going to be English forums. That's fine, just don't try to deceive people. We're all working here to simplify things and unite the LabVIEW community as much as possible. It's hard enough trying to survive under the NI juggernaut (who now is creating their own Wiki, hey why not get our customers to build our site, heck they're solving their own problems on our forums anyway, and... let's not contribute to an existing Wiki like let's say oh i don't know, LAVA, because it's not "made here"). I don't think it's productive to create yet another LabVIEW forum. That's one of the reasons ExpressionFlow and LAVA have teamed up. We felt it was for the good of the LabVIEW community as a whole.

Of course, as always... It's a free world. Well, most of it anyway.

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Mar 19 2008, 01:50 PM)

If you take the /en off of the link you'll find the http://www.labviewtutorial.eu/' rel='nofollow' target="_blank">other languages. Still, I agree with your post - LAVA is an excellent forum for all things LabVIEW and it's relatively easy to "keep up" with what's going on in the community. More is not always better.

QUOTE (TobyD @ Mar 19 2008, 10:50 PM)

If you take the /en off of the link you'll find the other languages. Still, I agree with your post - LAVA is an excellent forum for all things LabVIEW and it's relatively easy to "keep up" with what's going on in the community. More is not always better.

Ok, the website is under construction now. But I will have following.

this forum on the main page www.labviewtutorial.eu and three links (country flags) from forum to three tutorial pages:

http://www.labviewtutorial.eu/de

http://www.labviewtutorial.eu/en

http://www.labviewtutorial.eu/ru

From each tutorial page you will be able to switch back to the forum or select one other language tutorial page.

Thanks for feedback, I hope my tutorials will be helpfull to all LabVIEW users.

QUOTE (crelf @ Mar 19 2008, 10:49 PM)

My thoughts here. I figure I must really misunderstand the motivation for this new forum, because I don't understand it at all.

The motivation is:

To create a worldwide LabVIEW community in multiple languages (everybody can mail me and ask if I open a new subforum/tutorial site in his language. I don't speak more than three languages, so I have only this three subforums and tutorial sites)

To make tutorials for everybody, who want to write own articles.

And the basic motivation is, that I want have my own blog, where I can publish my tutorials

I think LAVA is very good, big and nice LabVIEW Portal, but it's only in english-american. Please don't misunderstand me, I only want to have my own ressource, why not ;) ?

Look on C/C++, Java, PHP and so on Communities. There are thousands of them, and for LV only

NI

LAVA

LabVIEW Forum

and some russian forums

(I don't bear other countries in my mind)

Not to much.

Regards, Eugen

QUOTE (Ale914 @ Mar 20 2008, 02:12 PM)

Eugen

if you are cosidering to support italian language too, remember that an Italian forum is already up www.ilvg.it

Ciao,

Alessandro.

Nice, Alessandro. Is it forbidden to support italian language, because an Italian foum exists? Sorry, I don't understand you.

If anybody will want to open an italian subforum in LVTutorial Forum, I will setup one. No problem.

Very Nice Eugene, you can do whatever you want, this is a free world.

my point was different, take it like a suggestion, not waste your time duplicating something already exist, but again you are free to do it.

Anyway, please, can you explain me the differentiation factor between what we have now and what you want setup?

When i setup ilvg.it i had clear in my mind this factor, built up a local italian community, that was different to simply translate Lava in italian but was to create user gruops in various italian cities, this was an innovation not a replication.

QUOTE (Eugen Graf @ Mar 20 2008, 09:31 AM)

Nice, Alessandro. Is it forbidden to support italian language, because an Italian foum exists? Sorry, I don't understand you.

If anybody will want to open an italian subforum in LVTutorial Forum, I will setup one. No problem.

Eugen,

I'm looking forward to seeing your blog and tutorials. It sounds like this is something that you are very passionate about. One piece of advice that would give you, is to focus on creating something special/unique that you are passionate about and strive to do it better than anyone else.

Cheers,

-Jim

QUOTE (Jim Kring @ Mar 20 2008, 05:40 PM)

Eugen,

I'm looking forward to seeing your blog and tutorials. It sounds like this is something that you are very passionate about. One piece of advice that would give you, is to focus on creating something special/unique that you are passionate about and strive to do it better than anyone else.

Cheers,

-Jim

Ok, my first Idea was to publish the Design Pattern "Publish Subscriber", am realy ardent about such things. But not only this design pattern, more the communication between parallely threads, and administration tools for such projects. So I want, that other people discuss my tutorials, and installed a forum on my site. Now I installed CMS, so any people can publish their tutorials and discuss them in my forum. So they are my motivation and intention.

Eugen