Need help building complex reports with LV

Hi,

I am trying to build a complex report in Word using the Report Generation Toolkit. I am using bookmarks to insert my data into a template. This is working, but I now need to programmatically expand the report based on the data. For example, if the report is on a set of N tests, then each test needs it’s own section with its own unique set of bookmark names to insert into. So, I need a means of making a subsection template with the bookmark base names and then appending this template to the main template N number of times, while renaming the bookmarks in each appended section by adding a # to the end of them, so I can reference them later when I want to insert the data.

I have no idea how to do this or if this is even possible. Has anyone else run into this and come up with a solution?

Thanks for any ideas,

-John

Ok, so here is one idea:

For each type of subsection that may be repeated N times, create a single templte. Then use this to generate several documents, one for each instance of the test. I will then need some way to merge theses docs together into one large document. Has anyone done this before? Does Word expose this functionality in it's COM interface?

thanks,

-John