Replace constants with icons on block diagram

I've commented in the past about the weird autosizing behavior of typedef cluster constants when their data structure changes.

In a typedef cluster, when adding/deleting an element, I guess I would be happy with something like this:

If I have autosizing turned off, then the content changes, but the border remains unchanged. IOW, the cluster border remains static and the changed elements inside retain whatever I set them to be before adding/deleting (this includes their properties such as labels and size/position)

If I have autosizing turned on, then the typedef border resizes to accomodate the change, but the content remains unchanged except for the new additions/deletions.

If we're adding a new element to a typedef then it really doesn't matter to me what it looks like initially, it can just be the default size with no label as it is now. As long as the other elements that were set all pretty-like before remain unchanged.

(BTW, I'm not crazy about hiding the constant data with an icon, but that's just my :2cents: )

just to add feedback, maybe it will help solve the issue:

the type def resizing is a bug, from a user stand point. that is why strict type defs exist.

The actual configuration forces me to disconnect the 'original' cluster (the one displayed in the FP), from all the ones used in subvis or so. in order not to have such resising problems. that induces of course quite a bit of headache, since there is no "reconnect to type def".

i would love a pop up view on subvis + their diagram, especially from the project explorer.